passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gears of War 2

illdog

Yea it is double EXP this weekend, celebrating 4th July, plus the winning team gets a 500 exp boost too.

Im looking forward to the chapter, theres 2 different ways u can do it, Stealth and guns blazing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the DLC Deleted scene is dissapointing.

Bland and dull. I chose to sneak through the level which was frankly rubbish.

You just follow Marcus and do what he does, and before i knew it i was at a point where i had to fight anyway, so thet game just chucks a load of enemies youve fought and killed in different combinations before and then your done.

The new multi levels are quite nice, whipped through them against bots but they're nothing outstandingly new. If more of the same and a bland extra campaign level is what your looking for this is the best 1200 points you'll ever spend.

Im hoping co-op on Harcore /Insane is more fun.

I heard that it isn't worth getting for the campaign mission alone but the new multi maps are decent, its effectively just another map pack.

Thats a shame because I have little interest in Gears 2 multi and some more story stuff I would of been all over.

Unless I get back into the multi, this will be a waste of cash then. :(

Anyone for Horde?

I love a bit of Horde, I had a great session with Mr. Reflex and co last weekend.

I bought the All Fronts pack for 1600 M$. I view it as buying the previous 2 map packs, and getting the new 1200 point DLC for free. If you bought all the others, then there's probably not so much value in getting Dark Corners on it's own.

i still havent played this, i feel like some kind of freak because the first one didnt impress me past its graphics.. ill try it again! queen myrrah is fenix' mum

His mother was called Elaine and she was a Doctor. I do think that the Queen is related to The Fenix family in some way, maybe not by blood ties though.

i still havent played this, i feel like some kind of freak because the first one didnt impress me past its graphics.. ill try it again! queen myrrah is fenix' mum

I didn't really take to the first one either, I completed 1 and a half acts with Mr. Sly and that was it. I think it was that the room-to-room kill monsters & move on structure was much more apparent.

Which meant I held off on Gears 2 for ages, but when I finally got it off ebay I really enjoyed it.

Well the DLC Deleted scene is dissapointing.

I can see what you mean, but I thought it was alright, though I read your post before playing it so I was expecting something truly craptastic.

I would've preferred two entirely different paths, but instead one you sneak for most of the way through, and the other you don't.

You get a choice of sneaking round a mini-boss or taking him on but that's about it really.

I've gone through that deleted scene 3 times now. The first time I chose stealth and near the end of the stealth bit (as ill says, the 2nd half is the same for both anyhow) they were on to me. I finished it up and the achievement didn't drop so I had to do it again. Then I went through it all guns blazing.

S'alright, but not worth it if you're not gonna touch the multi in any way.

1600 points for all the content so far is a really good deal though.

you must of got spotted first time through, i need to go through it again ¬_¬

yea i feel a bit ripped off buying all the DLC before and havnt really touched it much.

Played the deleted scene through on Guns Blazing with Hendo on Harcore difficulty last night, was alot better than Sneaky Sneaky but its still a bit of a bland extra. Big up to Franklin - he never dies.