passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fallout 3

Jimboxy

Yea i noticed that! You only just bought the game next thing i know, you have multiple characters and at least one on 20!

I dont really think it matters which type or person you are unless theres a perk that you really want.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have this on my PC but never really got into it that far... just cos its so deep.

Wondering if i would get more play on a console version.

Its an outstanding game for sure and one i really want to play through esp with all the DLC.

One thing that made me lol.....

Avoided reading ANYTHING on it cos i kinda spoiled Obivion reading spoilers and uber weapon locations and exploits etc.......

Anyway.... Finally i visit a forum and everyone is asking how to get the dog.

I actually got the dog by mistake really early on and got it killed all in a space of about five minutes..... turns out once he is dead... thats it... no more dog for you.

I was so used to playing Fable II that i thought he wouldn't die on me haha.

Anyway.... like i said... maybe i should get it on PS3 / 360 but i do remember seeing a comparrison that said they both looked gash compared to PC version......

Whadaya rekon?

Cheers guys, I started again and I'm now further than I got before and I think I'm getting on better with it.

Where possible I'm using melee weapons which helps with the ammo conservation, but I'm mostly sticking to Megaton and doing the quests in there, though that has meant venturing a fair distance around.

I decided to

disarm the bomb

and haven't seen the guy who

wanted me to set it off

, since.

I still stand by my problems with the game being janky though, and I can now put my finger on the 2 different views. The first person view just feels like a floating camera rather than the view through someone's eyes, and the 3rd person view is the same thing just pulled back a bit and a character plonked on top. It looks really bad when you run in third person as there's a massive discrepancy between the background and the character so it looks like you're floating rather than walking in a believable world, like some old car games used to look.

Having said that, I'm more into it than I was, and I am getting pulled in, but I am finding myself skipping a lot of the dialogue and just relying on the quest info on the pause screen for what I have to do.

Hendo, have you noticed you can move the camera to how far back you want it in 3rd person? THis was my biggest gripe because I found it WAY too far back by default and seeing the feet skate across the land made it look shoddy so I "found" a way to zoom in and make it more gears of war close. You probably have found this, it was just me who was an idiot for so long.

I restarted again last night as well - had a lot more success getting out of the vault this time - although that guys mam still got killed by the roaches as I couldnt work out where she was until too late.

I also managed to complete a few quests as well - found the combat much easier due to the VATS(?) thing - I didnt even know this existed the first time round. I managed to investigate a supermarket for that Moira woman and accidently picked up another mission while I was killing stuff. Picked up some cool weapons as well - a powerful rifle and some laser gun thing.

I agree both views are not quite right. Im not a fan of FP anyway and it feels too floaty, but then the 3rd person just looks ridiculous skating around.

maybe i should get it on PS3 / 360 but i do remember seeing a comparrison that said they both looked gash compared to PC version......

Whadaya rekon?

Either 360 or PC, Oli. So far there's no plans to bring the DLC out on the PS3.

Hendo, have you noticed you can move the camera to how far back you want it in 3rd person? THis was my biggest gripe because I found it WAY too far back by default and seeing the feet skate across the land made it look shoddy so I "found" a way to zoom in and make it more gears of war close. You probably have found this, it was just me who was an idiot for so long.

Actually, no, I didn't know that. :blush:

Ha. I wasn't the only silly sausage. Sounds like Oli doesn't know either. If you read back through you'll see it was my biggest gripe too and it was so good when I found out how to change the cam. It's something like hold down LB and use up and down on the right stick.

I "found" a way to zoom in and make it more gears of war close. You probably have found this, it was just me who was an idiot for so long.

I didnt know either - but then it took me ages to get out the vault and I didnt know VATS existed so I am an idiot anyway.

I restarted again last night as well - had a lot more success getting out of the vault this time - although that guys mam still got killed by the roaches as I couldnt work out where she was until too late.

How's this for weird? He persuaded me to kill the roaches and then to celebrate destroying them I killed him in front of his mum, stripped him naked and stole his flick-knife. His mum then calmly asked me if I would sit down with her and have a drink. :blink:

Agh crap...

Damn you guys.

I think i am going to have to start playing this properly earlier than i had planned now.

I broke the seal on the PC version before christmas just to see what it was like.... but always intending to wait till i had a bigger chunk of time

to play it.... but reading all this and the constant DLC announcements on kotaku is really making me want to just immerse myself in this game once and for all.

Well, after what seemed like an eternity I've finished Moira's quest on helping her write a book. At the very least now I know to hold onto those pre-war books I've found as you get loads for them. Which is good as I'm always having to get my weapons and stuff repaired or buy new stimpacks so my money soon vanishes. I know about repairing stuff myself, but lately I'm not high enough level to do it.

It certainly is, you sarcastic bum.

I'm just in a very strange middle ground with the game. I'm enjoying it, but not anywhere near as immersed in it as I expected or as other people have been. I don't care about a single character (not even mine), I don't read the extra text logs or computers and I skip most dialogue and stick to whatever the quest log tells me to do.

It's much better now I've zoomed the 3rd person camera in, it's now about as close to the character as the one in Dark Sector - all I can see is my guy's top half. As long as I can't see the feet skating, it's all good.

I set off after Liam Neeson last night to the radio place - got bored of Moira and her quest. On the way I found a tube station (or similar) and then I couldnt get the map pointer to point to where I should have been going. Hence me walking round in circles until I got absolutely destroyed by three raiders with insanely powerful weapons. I think I should have gone into the underground.

Then I got restarted outside Megaton and couldnt be bothered to trek all the way back so I played Cars and Outrun instead :)

Im finding it really difficult to get into this game.

If you want the pointer to point towards the right place, go to the Quests part of the Pip-Boy and check to see which quest is your current one and change if need be.

But yeah, I can understand completely. I suppose it either clicks with you or it doesn't, I'm only getting on with it now because I'm playing it more like an action-adventure game, ignoring what my karma level is, ignoring people's stories, the computer terminals, the books, etc. I just make sure I have enough ammo and my guns aren't broken and play it like an action game, albeit using VATS rather than the real-time shooting, which is gash.

If you want the pointer to point towards the right place, go to the Quests part of the Pip-Boy and check to see which quest is your current one and change if need be.

I kept trying that but i couldnt get it to point to the radio station which is why I think i was meant to go underground.