passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fallout 3

Jimboxy

I've just taken a trip over to Tenpenny Tower, its full of a right bunch of wankers isn't it? I'm considering going on a rampage in there, I've been a bit of a goody two shoes so far, but this lot get up my nose and I want rid of them, everyone else is scraping along and they all look down on everything and everyone, plus they want me to kill some friendly ghouls, and we all know ghouls are cool unless their Feral.

I havent met anyone I liked yet so I was like, meh, fuck em both but they are offering a room if I kill the ghouls so a-hunting I will go! And they gave me a room with a robotic butler who has the same voice as the cake destroyer.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just taken a trip over to Tenpenny Tower, its full of a right bunch of wankers isn't it?

Yup.

But shooting Tenpenny in the face gave me good karma so it'doesn't matter.. letting the Ghouls in wasn't a good boy thing though which I also did, thats bad karma.

Been raping this at the weekend. Lots more into it now than I was and... I have

doggy!

:D

I have been getting lots of good karma but am still bad :blush:

I collected 1 slave from the tower and so I could get into Paradise Falls. The guy who owns it and the people there are twats so I had the biggest spaghetti western fight of all time and let all the slaves go. Except for 1 dumb old man who wouldn't leave and the salve I had captured because I tried tinkering with her collar and her head blew off.

The new achievements!

Aiding the Outcasts 20

Completed "Aiding the Outcasts"

The Guns of Anchorage 20

Completed "The Guns of Anchorage"

Paving the Way 20

Completed "Paving the Way"

Operation: Anchorage 40

Completed "Operation: Anchorage"

Operation: Anchorage will be available the 27th for 800MSP.

• 1 month later...

Started playing this today, must have been playing for 4 hours straight, to the point where I actually feel a bit ill. Anyway, even though I've done nothing but wander around megaton for half that time I'd say I was pretty hooked. The combat could be better, but having played a few minutes on Spatulars save file I know it improves as you level up. There's a bunch of stuff I dont understand, but I'm sure it'll all become apparent as I play through.

One question though, how do I defuse the bomb, at the minute it looks like if I touch it I'll set it off?

iirc you're explosives skill needs to be at 20 or above.

One thing I've found useful is to pump points into Small Guns, Medicine, Lock Picking and Repair. But the beauty of this game (and for others Oblivion) is everyone plays differently.

they're the exact skills I've gone for too, couldnt see the point in anything else so early in the game. My special ability is the one where you get an extra 10% (20% as it is at the moment) of experience every time you level up, or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished this game on the PC this morning. I only started it yesterday, and played it almost solidly!! I just couldn't seem to prise myself away.

I wasn't logged in to 'Games for Windows: Live' on the first go, so I missed out on the achievements. I have started again to get these and to explore a lot more rather than sticking to the main quest line and ignoring everything else.

It is an amazing game, very in depth and such a big big world. It is very overwhelming at first. I didn't have a clue what i was doing or where I was going when I first surfaced from Vault 101.

The combat system is a bit dodgy, but the VACS works very well. I like Mellee combat the best, either the Sledgehammer or the Ripper.

The 3rd person view is even worse. Your feet don't seem to move quick enough so it's like you are getting dragged over the landscape. Stick to 1st person though and this game is almost perfection.

I wasn't logged in to 'Games for Windows: Live' on the first go, so I missed out on the achievements. I have started again to get these and to explore a lot more rather than sticking to the main quest line and ignoring everything else.

That explains why it's on your gamercard. :)

Do you have the option of it not appearing on your 360 games list?

Started this up this morning and got as far as Megaton.

I'm not sure so far, feels very clunky and I'm finding the whole thing very daunting. Not sure whether to play in 3rd or 1st person view. 1st person feels a little slow but 3rd person the camera seems to go nuts on me from time to time.

Is there a run button? Feels very slow at times.

Are you carrying too much stuff? At that point I think you can carry about 220 err, stuffs, anything over that and you slow down.

For what it's worth I played first person, it was easier for indoor stuff and the free fighting (bar maybe close combat)

• 2 weeks later...

I just don't think I'm feeling this. I feel weak as a kitten, I'm in a super market getting my ass handed to me, about 20 times I've died here now. I'm not even sure if the kid outside wanted me to kill these people or it was somewhere else.

Saw you playing earlier Hendo, you're only level 2 and yeah at that point it feels very unrewarding combat wise, melee weapons seem to make no difference and you use up a tonne of ammo with guns...

All I can suggest is you try and visit the shop in Megaton and do the missions Moira gives you, there should be one where she asks you to test a weapon she's been developing to kill Mole Rats, when you have that mission spend a fair amount of time offing said Mole Rats and you should feel a bit stronger afterwards as it one hit kills them. Once you go to her to complete the mission, I think she takes it off of you as its not supposed to be that powerful or something.

When you're first starting, put as many points into Small Arms, Repair and the one that makes Stimpacks more useful as you can as I felt they were the most handy stats.

The supermarket bit (if you're doing it as part of a mission especially) requires stealthy play really, click the left stick (iirc) to crouch and carefully sneak around it collecting items.

I just don't think I'm feeling this. I feel weak as a kitten, I'm in a super market getting my ass handed to me, about 20 times I've died here now. I'm not even sure if the kid outside wanted me to kill these people or it was somewhere else.

I felt the same when I started playing it. I had no idea what to do when the alarms went off underground and the map was hard to understand. Then when I finally got outside I picked up a mission in Megaton and ended up in a hospital (I think) not knowing if I was meant to be there or not and I ended up dieing lots.

I think I gave up then as I had lots of other games to play and decided it wasnt worth the effort. I might give it another go using Rivas tips.

I've only stopped because I'm level 20, completed half the missions and want to earn experience for carrying on with the game, so I'm waiting for the third piece of DLC to drop, at which point I'll get some MARPS and get the whole lot together.

Really itching to get back to the Wastelands though. I never really enjoyed Oblivion but I love Fallout 3.

I've tried, but now I give up. Really don't like it.

I realise that there's a bit of a grind in the beginning of RPG's but I'm having no fun whatsoever and I can't be fucked to slog it out. Fable II, in comparison, opened up really well at the start and made everything easy to grasp and didn't feel daunting but I'm not getting this at all.