passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Fallout 3

Jimboxy

Because I've completed all my games I thought I'd pick this up while it's £29 at Jamie Oliver land.

It's immediatly more enjoyable than oblivion and has a nice feel to it. The menu's seem a little overly complicated but that'll be because I'm not used to this kind of game.

Stepping outside for the first time was a bit of an anti climax for me as it was pitch black so the scale of the wasteland couldn't be worked out! Duh! So I stumbled around in the dark and eventually came across a house with a really angry woman inside. Stole some food, asked her if she still worked as a prostitute, made my excuses and left with her HD ready tv under my arm.

Only bone to pick so far is about the 3rd person cam, it sits around 1/2 a mile away and can't be controlled in any way. The screen shots show over the shoulder GOW syle view point. So say I cange clothes I can't get a good look at my new threads or to see how cool my female charector looks. I'm building her up to look like Tank Girl.

Definatly recommend Fallout 3, but best to approach it open minded.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah... WOW.

I picked this up too while i went out to get FableII.

I got it for my PC as its half the price, looks a billion times better, and has achievements too :-)

I initially wasn't gonna touch it till my week off, but had to install it and test how it ran so.... i did and was blown away.

Its like being in a film. So atmospheric. The voice acting is brilliant and just the initial character set up is actually good fun.

Its not a spoiler, but you start off as a little baby while you choose your character stats and it was actually really funny playing as a child. I escaped my play pen and then when my dad came back in the room i felt really busted ha ha ha.

They should make a game where you are a baby!

Anyway. This is years ahead of oblivion. It really is.

I can already tell its gonna be one of the best games i have ever played.

Its one of those games that you just crank up the sound system, sit in a darkened room and just absorb it all. I'm playing it as if i was me. I.e. not being deliberately evil... trying to make decisions as if it was ME in the world for real. This includes not being too rude to people for the sake of it and so on.

Anyway... i think Fable is gonna stay wrapped up for a month or so now due to this.

I feel a bit lost already.

Its just a massive wilderness.

I was intending to play a non-hostile character but ended up fucking up a load of guards in the vault as it was the only way to survive.

I went to megaton and doing a few quests up there for people.... that dude wants me to blow the place sky high. I said i would do it, but now not sure if i am gonna follow through as i have met some nice people hter.

I was hoping they would all be evil cunts and make the decision easier.

I did find some woman in a house in the wilderness. She owed money to someone. I pretended to be a collector and took it off her.

I then went back to tesst out a new rifle on her head. Was a bit fucked up really. I was just bored and her house was close and she was a bit of a dropout anyway... i was hoping that i could then use her bed to rest in but it wouldn't let me...oops.

Have u got to Megaton yet?

I'm there and doing some quests and asking after my Dad.... some dude asked me to blow it up..... really not sure what to do.

I kinda want to cos he offered me lots of cash BUT the people there aren't actually that bad and are helping me.

I'm going to help them out til I have done most of what they want then blow them sky high! Most of them are nice when they want something but when trying to talk to them while they are walking around they are so rude!

Also, who builds a town around a bomb anyhow?

• 3 weeks later...

just for info I haven't played this in while. It's not because I wasn't enjoying. It's really good if a little over complicated. It's just that I have to many pick up and play titles on the go and so to fully appreciate the immersiveness of it all I've decided to put it on the rainy day shelf.

I'm surprised more don't have it though. I reckon it has 20% more browns than gow2.

I'm there and doing some quests and asking after my Dad.... some dude asked me to blow it up..... really not sure what to do.

I kinda want to cos he offered me lots of cash BUT the people there aren't actually that bad and are helping me.

Missed this oli sorry, im in big town i think atm n then i wna search for a dog.

I watched a video tht was on the marketplace ages ago about tht bomb mission, so if u decide not to arm just watch it on there

but the explosion is awesome.

Missed this oli sorry, im in big town i think atm n then i wna search for a dog.

I watched a video tht was on the marketplace ages ago about tht bomb mission, so if u decide not to arm just watch it on there

but the explosion is awesome.

Megaton is the first place I found. Then the Supermarket, then the college. Never been to Big Town.

When I get back to playing it Megaton has had it. The cocks that live there are mostly dead anyway now thanks to me and I cant wait to blow scumsville sky high!

Bethesda proved with Oblivion that they were quite willing to support their products long after launch and it appears that Fallout 3 will get the same treatment.

Today Bethesda announced a whole load of exclusive 360 and Games For Windows DLC that comes in the form of three downloadable mission packs released in the early months of next year and the G.E.C.K which will be available for free in December.

The G.E.C.K is the Garden of Eden Creation kit and it "provides the community with tools that will allow players to expand the game any way they wish. Users can create, modify, and edit any data for use with Fallout 3, from building landscapes, towns, and locations to writing dialogue, creating characters, weapons, creatures, and more." Which I'm sure will no doubt please everyone.

The mission packs as planned contain the following missions:

* Operation: Anchorage. Enter a military simulation and fight in one of the greatest battles of the Fallout universe – the liberation of Anchorage, Alaska from its Chinese Communist invaders. An action-packed battle scheduled for release in January.

* The Pitt. Journey to the industrial raider town called The Pitt, located in the remains of Pittsburgh. Choose your side. Scheduled for release in February.

* Broken Steel. Join the ranks of the Brotherhood of Steel and rid the Capital Wasteland of the Enclave remnants once and for all. Continues the adventure past the main quest. Scheduled for release in March.

More missions for Fallout 3 can be nothing but good. Happy days. No word on price yet or achievements but when we know, you'll know.

:D

With the help of a few quid on my game card I got this for 22 quid at Game on monday, it would be rude not to really.

Its really good, and a big improvement over Oblivion, the targeting system is wicked. The story so far is good, and my girlfriend keeps asking me if im playing Bioshock again, so it must have a familiar feel to bioshock, perhaps its the eerie music and old fashioned hairstyles etc. Im looking forward to getting more into it, I dont yet feel as connected to the story as Id like to.

Okay more.

Sorry mister Jimbo, wasnt ignoring you, I think im just automatically blocking you now, so im not technically doing it on purpose.

This is still really good so far, the review in GamesTM sums it up very well, its not a perfect game in any way but its still very worthy of a ten. There are sections in the game where im not entirely sure what im doing but thats what happens in such a massive game.

Im going to plough a ton of time into this on the weekend because im quite into the story so far. Ive done one or two not very nice things, but its a pretty desperate situation, and the main bad thing ive done so far has been to get the assistance of a bad ass mother fucking ghoul, who follows me around and kills the fuck out of everything.

Im going to tell you fuckers about this game whether you like it or not.

After initially ploughing all of my skills into using guns from far away, I came across a bunch of people who thought they were vamps, not really knowing quite what to do, whether to help them, rehabilitate them or leave them be, I killed them all. Anyway the upshot of this all is that I managed to nick a sword that you usually have to build yourself where it not only cuts people up, but sets them on fire - Awesome. My currents tactics are to now run around chopping people at even the slightest hint they are bad, which includes littering and jay walking. This game is so awesome.

Im going to tell you fuckers about this game whether you like it or not.

After initially ploughing all of my skills into using guns from far away, I came across a bunch of people who thought they were vamps, not really knowing quite what to do, whether to help them, rehabilitate them or leave them be, I killed them all. Anyway the upshot of this all is that I managed to nick a sword that you usually have to build yourself where it not only cuts people up, but sets them on fire - Awesome. My currents tactics are to now run around chopping people at even the slightest hint they are bad, which includes littering and jay walking. This game is so awesome.

awesome, best response to a bunch of people who are a bit confused. i really want this game, the more i hear about it the more i want it. though i've still got no xbox so as my missus so rightly put it "why buy a new game when you've got nothing to play it on"

stupid broken 360

I have it but I told the family to wrap it up for Christmas, that way I can get through some other games in the mean time. I really want to play it though it has made me slightly excited about Christmas for the first time in years. Eggnog and explicit violence, tis the season to be jolly. :)