passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dead Space

HandsomeDead

Hit chapter 11. It's been excellent for the most part, but I will admit to getting a bit of 'jump scare fatigue' by the close of chapter 10, although that was the chapter you 

Spoiler

finally get to give the bad news to that regenerating thing, and also see the mad scientist/religio geezer give himself up to the necros. 

I'll bet I haven't seen the last of him.

I don't think I've got long to go and, to be honest, I think I'm ready for the end game. It's obviously a quality title but it's getting a wee bit repetitive as you move into double figures in hours played. A bit of 'not these guys again' syndrome.

1 hour ago, one-armed dwarf said:

But I always remember it being a bit of a drag.

Maybe. I'm only just starting to get the strain of repetition and I'm close to the end, to be fair.

I do find it to be a bit 'gamey,' though (which is probably unfair seeing as it's a game). But coming off recent playthrus of Alan Wake and Hellblade, both of which were near masterpieces for me, (although Hellblade isn't strictly a horror game), I find the gameplay structure a bit, well, gamey. You even end up manning a turret a couple of times, which feels pure arcade.

I'm still enjoying it, though. So there's that.

You thinking if playing 2 after this? I never completed that even though I was loving it - stupid shite attention span and love of all new shiney distractions. May start it again and play through it at same time if you do.

2 hours ago, Nag said:

fucking terrifying first time through.

I do remember a kindergarten section being particularly  unnerving and horrible to get through when I played it all those years ago. 

Maybe. I do like a forum playthru! Not straight away though. My mustache is in tatters, mostly because of chapter 10.

If Nag is correct about the scariness of 2, it's probably going to require some kind of Bavarian waxed affair to get me thru.

I am pleased you made it to the end. There's so much nice design  in this game, it was a significant leap over everything at the time. Still plays grand too.

Probably my favourite part thinking back to when I played it last year is the sound. Visceral really pushed the boat out here, it adds so much. They always say what you can't see but think is there is scarier than actually seeing, and to use sound to magnify that and play with your senses is just genius.