passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dead Space

HandsomeDead

Just wait til you get to the end, it's absolutely brilliant :-)

this! its brilliant, so so good, if your playing on normal do a hard playthough on ng+, like halo legendary its highly doable and so enjoyable, plus you keep all your stuff from the 1st playthrough.

what did you think of the cannon parts? (i truly hated them - well hated not getting that achievement).

Just started lvl 12. I think I know where its going. Actually I think I twigged it an age ago. The cannon parts were only reasonably annoying. The 2nd one was easier if you only fire one gun, not both. Still not scared though. :(

I'd rather do this achievement a thousand times over than the hardcore run on the second game though dry.gif

Did you think that was bad then?.... that really ramps the tension up, hope its included in the third game too.

It's not bad as such, just annoyed that I can't do it. Having to start over for the 15th time tends to get on your nerves slightly :D

On to chapter 11 now, Alternate Solutions. I forgot to keep track of the chapter titles so i've no idea what it's going to spell out...

I had 99,000 credits and bought the level 5 suit - is that the last suit? Is it ok to throw some credits at power nodes now?

The last two chapters, 9 and 10 have been excellent.

Finished! Whoever said 15 hours was pretty much spot on, my cleared save file was 14:27, 625/1000 achievements.

Excellent game, it's basically Aliens: The Game. The narrative could probably have been fleshed out but there's no harm in keeping things simple either. Looking forward to playing Dead Space 2! :)

• 8 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Another cruel yet daring bump!

So, having hit the 20 hour mark on the compelling (but often annoying) M.E Andromeda, it's time for a break to play this cuddly little romp.

Unlike the other games I've done recently on gamepass I actually played a couple of hours of this back in the day. Couldn't take it, though. Far too scary for a novice gamer.

However, due to lockdown, I've managed to cultivate a sparse yet dynamic mustache, and am now at peak manliness.

Or at least I thought before I fired it up and took on the first hour. Holy shit....What the feck is going on here?

To be continued....

Hit chapter 4.

It's been quite the experience up to now. Thrilling and butt clenchingly scary. Thankfully, the game hasn't been kicking my arse unduly, and I've only suffered a few deaths, often caused by being grabbed by an off screen enemy, or surrounded by a horde of sword handed beasties.

I'm digging the background story told in video/audio/text logs - as the crew struggle with this invading horror, and hint at some off colour religious shenanigans going on in the background.

I hope all this stuff gets a chance to develop. These story beats seemed a bit more organic in Alan Wake, for example. Here, it's more just a case of finding stuff laying around as you do sort of 'videogame' tasks, like fix the service elevator/tram/fuel pumps etc. Great atmospherics though, and extremely satisfying gameplay. There's nothing quite like surviving a skirmish in this game. The enemies here are so horrific, they need putting away with extreme predudice. 

I'm far enough to have spelt a familiar name via the chapter titles....and I must admit my mustache is being sorely tested. This game is pretty tough, and the section leading up to where you get to freeze that regenerating necro was a resource management nightmare. If only I'd used stasis on that thing instead of all my ammo. And yet I only managed to notice the stasis charging station handily placed next to the cryo chamber that kills him after the fight??.

And now I'm being hunted by something called leviathan. And the crew called it that, according to an audio log. You'd think they would have tried to cheer each other up by calling it 'the wee fella' or ' the little-un' or something. But no. They went straight for 'leviathan' ?