passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Metroid Zero Mission

retroed

Yeah, a bit late to the party with this one! But better late than never, eh?

This game is fantastic, it's just like a portable Super Metroid. The graphics are superb, looking extremely sharp on my Micro's screen. The sound is excellent, as most Metroids are, and it controls fantastically. I've done a bit of reading up on the title and although it's thought of as a remake of the NES original, truth is it doesn't bear that much of a resemblance. There are abilities similar to that of Super Metroid, and it even has almost the same map system. It plays really well and it's well suited to the handheld, with frequent save points, health regeneration areas, and it also has sleep mode function. It's not the longest of games, like Super it can be finished in a handful of hours, but what is there is triple A stuff with no filler.

I'm having a great time with this and am looking forward to playing this one through to the end. It's as good as Super Metroid.

For those that haven't played it before, here is the Metacritic roundup, scoring a respectable 89 average.

Zero Mission is awesome but not quite as good as Fusion.. but still awesome.

I seem to be preferring this one so far, although I will probably start Fusion again from scratch when this one's done.

I don't mind lending the cart out to anyone if they would like to borrow it, it's a smashing little game and deserves all the praise it received. I wish they'd bring one out for the DS.

• 2 years later...

I've started this again, as for one reason or another I stopped not long after I began this thread. I'll try and actually finish it this time.

Not much to add at this point really, other than I fucking love my Game Boy Micro.

IMG_9206.jpg

:wub:

Not much to add at this point really, other than I fucking love my Game Boy Micro.

:wub:

Just thought I'd stick my tuppence in and reiterate this sentiment. Don't have Zero Mission, but I should be getting a copy of Fuysion off a mate next week :)

• 3 months later...
  • 10 years later...

Played this over the last few days, was good fun, overall really enjoyed it, good that its quite short too, maybe 5 hours. Some nice puzzle like bits. Sometimes it shows you were to go next and sometimes you have to explore a bit, i did get a bit annoyed a few times when i spent a while exploring but still wasnt sure where to go next so occasionally used a guide to point me in the right direction. Also found 2 of the bosses really annoying but sort of brute forced them second go, was playing on easy mode so guess that helped here, but didnt really have any idea what i was supposed to be doing there. While the newer metroid games had much harder bosses i felt i was getting an idea how to beat them over time, this one didnt seem like that but maybe thats because i didnt spend enough on them. But yeah overall it was good fun.

edit - also nice to see it on the gba micro up thread, i played it via wii u on the tv, so massive difference, it still looked good imo.