passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bioshock 2

Hendo

The very first teaser trailer for BioShock 2 has been shown.

The footage is unlocked after completing BioShock on PS3, and shows a 9 or 10 year-old girl (presumably a Little Sister) standing on the Atlantic Coast peering out into the ocean.

A cuddly Big Daddy toy dangles from her hand as the camera zooms out to show a cityscape bursting from the sand behind her.

Eventually the BioShock 2 logo fills the screen, before the subtitle Sea of Dreams is written underneath.

BioShock 2 has been known about ever since March, and will be developed by 2K Marin (of BioShock PS3 fame) under the watchful eye of Ken Levine.

Platforms are yet to be announced, but we'd expect the full compliment of power-platforms PC, Xbox 360 and PS3, given the whereabouts of the teaser trailer.

There's also a third BioShock planned, according to Take-Two boss Strauss Zelnick, who said we'd see the game at roughly the same time as the BioShock film directed by Pirates of the Carribean man Gore Verbinski.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I wasn't a fan of it, I would actually play through the game again on the PS3.

Dude, that doesnt really make any sense. You and bloody Bioshock.

Thats trailer, even tho it reveals nothing really excited me! I loved Bioshock, this is semi inducing news.

Even though I wasn't a fan of it, I would actually play through the game again on the PS3.

Dude, that doesnt really make any sense. You and bloody Bioshock.

Thats trailer, even tho it reveals nothing really excited me! I loved Bioshock, this is semi inducing news.

Yeah this has me a little to excited as well! I <3 Bioshock, I'm going to have to play it again.

i had a weird relationship with bioshock,i was convinced i didn't really enjoy it when i played it..but i'd have really long sessions playing it,and when i wasn't playing it i'd really want to be,one of the few games i actually finished. also i keep nearly buying it to play again,i can't work it out

I've just got the PS3 version so haven't played it yet (I got a nice reflective slip case with it :) ). I did install it last night as I had read somewhere it was a big install but it didnt take too long. Will be starting it tonight.

i had a weird relationship with bioshock,i was convinced i didn't really enjoy it when i played it..but i'd have really long sessions playing it,and when i wasn't playing it i'd really want to be,one of the few games i actually finished. also i keep nearly buying it to play again,i can't work it out

Y'see Pickled understands

Y'see Pickled understands

Your both idiots. <_<

:D

<_<

• 4 months later...

From the (factually incorrect) Eurogamer

A new teaser site for BioShock 2 hints that the game is set seven years after the events of the original and involves a Big Daddy snatching girls from coastal towns.

The site, There's Something in the Sea, features a tattered world map with an "Aloha" X marked on Ireland, and three scraps of paper associated with the location - Liscannor, Co. Clare.

First there's a photograph of the Big Daddy doll that the girl in the original teaser trailer was holding.

Then there's a newspaper clipping, "Local Girl Vanishes In Mysterious Attack", talking about the kidnapping of a seven-year-old girl, who was snatched from her bedroom by an unknown attacker who moved at "incredible speed", apparently unburdened by the weight of the helpless child.

"Due to the moonless night, [the girl's father] was unable to offer a description of the assailant," the report says. "He notes that the attacker was thin, above average height and wore some kind of 'red light'." Possibly a miner's helmet, it adds.

Finally, there's also a page torn off of a notepad with some scribbled notes from the person who found the Big Daddy doll, which points out that it resembles Clune's description of the attacker.

Most tellingly of all, the newspaper clipping is dated 20th February, 1967. The original BioShock was known to take place in 1960.

What can it all mean?

BioShock 2: Sea of Dreams is due out for PC, Xbox 360 and PS3 later this year.

Aloha?! It's 2/20/67. Nob head. <_<

http://www.somethinginthesea.com/

Also sounds more like Splicers than Big Daddys.