passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

What're ye buyin'?

retroed

I’ve compiled a list of games I would like that are coming out in the next few months, and am a bit worried about how I am going to afford them all. There’s also the small matter of a PS3, that I really want for LBP and PSN titles, but that may have to wait until next year at this rate.

DS

N+ [out now, US]

Viva Pinata Pocket Paradise [5th/8th Sept, EU/US] (preordered US £18.29)

Dragon Quest IV [12th Sept]

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood [26th Sept]

Kirby Super Star Ultra [29th Sept, US]

Chrono Trigger [25th Nov, US]

Fable 2 [24th Oct] (preordered LE £41.99)

Fallout 3 [31st Oct]

Quantum of Solace [31st Oct]

Gears of War 2 [7th Nov] (preordered £34.99)

Call of Duty: World at War [21 Nov?] (preordered £34.99)

Resident Evil 5 [13th Mar] (preordered £34.99)

Wii

Wario Land: The Shake Dimension [26th Sept]

Animal Crossing: City Folk [Q4 08?]

Kororinpa 2 [?]

DS wise, it’s as alive as ever for me, with a bunch of quality titles being released. And then there’s the 360, which although mainly shooters, are all pretty much essential purchases for me. After seeing the five new Fallout 3 vids yesterday (and subsequently having a dream about it, watched right before bed), that has creeped on there too, despite me knowing I’ll probably never get half way, let alone finish it.

There's probably more that I can't think of right now, too. Not to mention there's still a few DS games I want that are already out. PSP wise there's nothing that I can think of, except the hardware revision that I'm going to have to try and avoid. So, how about you? Is there much that takes your fancy? How are you going to manage? Don't care?

I had a list made already :P

Want:

Street Fighter IV

Fable 2 - Preordered LE

Spiderman: Web of Shadows

Naruto: The Broken Bond

Mirrors Edge

Gears of War 2 - Preordered LE

CoD World at War

SSF2THDR

Maybe:

Vigilante 8 Arcade

Scene It: Box Office Smash

Tomb Raider Underworld

Mortal Kombat Vs. DC

Left 4 Dead

Getting:

Mercenaries 2

MIrrors Edge

Fable 2

Gears of War 2

Left4Dead

Resident Evil 5

Maybe:

Force Unleased (if i get desperate and reviews turn out to be good)

COD5

Holy crap!

This is a dangerous thread... i had no idea that i was after that many games :o

I'm trying to keep buying new games to a minimum. GoW2 is the only game I have on pre-order. Fallout 3, Prince of Persia, Dead Space and Mirrors Edge are on the shouldn't get but likely will list. Resident Evil 5 too but that isn't for a while yet.

What I said at Gtm. I don't even want to think about Wii and DS because that will put more strain on the wallet, if Madworld and Captain Rainbow come out this year I'll get them too. Also forgot Left 4 Dead, want that very much.

EDIT: Forgot Rock Band 2, how could I. Thats a cert.

Ive got

Littlebigplanet (PS3)

Lego Batman (PS3)

Bioshock (PS3)

Animal Crossing (Wii)

all preordered, but I am also going to get

Street Fighter 4 (PS3)

Super Street Fighter HD (PSN)

Fallout 3 (I think-depends on reviews) (PS3)

Wario Land (Wii)

Tomb Raider (PS3)

Dragon Quest (DS)

and also maybe

Aliens FPS (PS3)

I am Alive (PS3)

Chrono Trigger (DS)

and also an overdraft judging by that little lot

Seemed an approprite place to put this. I pre-ordered Fable 2 from Game and got this email today:

Dear Mr Dog

Thank you for the following order placed with GAME.

Order number(s):

345Fuckyoucunt12

You may have noticed that the price of Fable II Limited Collectors Edition on the GAME site has gone up to 49.99 GBP

Please do not worry, your credit / debit card will be charged with the lower amount as originally agreed when you placed the order. This is merely one of the benefits of the GAME 1st To Play Preorder Service!

Yep, but our prices remain unaffected, w00t. I'm still paying £41.99. :)

I still haven't preordered Fallout 3 yet, not sure whether to get the lunchbox special edition, or just the vanilla version for a tenner less.

Despite the fact that I know it wont be all that I have gone and pre-ordered Star Wars Force Unleashed. With me finishing Unchartered I need something to keep me going until the next wave of games I want are released. Nintendo magazine said its only about 6 hours long so I should get chance to finish it before Lego Batman :blush: .

i was going to start a 'what imminent releases are you creaming your pants for' thread but ill post my list in here instead. is it just me or has the 360 generation been one of the best times to be a gamer ever ever ever? a new golden age of competition and the quality that arises from that.

games on the horizon (released before the year is out as far as i know) that i am 99% certain ill buy -

Far Cry 2

Dead Space

Left 4 Dead

Gears 2

SF4

SSF2HDR

Cod5

all on the box, assuming theres no performance issues whereby i will probably get the pc version if there is one - left 4 dead and FC2 for example

theres probably more that slip my mind, i havent researched this list at all lol

oh and lol at the thread title, i say it in my best bob hoskins everytime i see it

Right, I've been having a look at my preorders and thanks to the latest GAME £5 voucher and me preordering three more games, I've had to cancel my Gears 2 order. I haven't finished the first and I haven't taken to it like the majority of the 360 base has, and I figured there will be plenty second hand copies floating around come the new year. My current preorder list (until the end of this year) looks like this. I still need to order Chrono Trigger DS.

Pure [26th Sept] (£24.99 GAME)

Fable 2 [24th Oct] (LE £41.99 GAME)

Quantum of Solace [31st Oct] (£34.99 GAME)

Call of Duty: World at War [14th Nov] (£34.99 GAME)

Race Pro [14th Nov] (£24.99 GAME)

DS

Kirby Super Star Ultra [29th Sept, US] (£20.73 VGP)