passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Phone Games & Apps

Hendo

I would not normally post about mobile phone games that have a zero change of getting an English port, but this game looks really cool. It call Mogura and it is being developed by Japanese developer Cyberagent. It takes mahjong and puts in a match three like puzzle game mold. The visual shuns the cutesy visual of the puzzle genre for a more darker grown-up visual style.

http://mogura.xyz/

It's coming to iOS 5.0 and Higher and Android 2.2.3 and Higher

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just got Star Wars Galactic Defense from the play store. Its good fun so far and its free although its an in-app purchase type game, which im normally pretty dubious of.

Its essentially tower defense but with a little twist, you can control one 'champion' that you can tap on and direct about wherever you want so if theres one enemy that gets through whichever towers you have then you can send your champion after it. I can see that later on (or immediately if you pay money) there is a way to unlock 2 and then 3 champions walking about at any one time.

Its fully licensed so all the characters and stuff are there, the music is good. You get the choice of light or dark side, which suitable characters included. Ive only played as dark side for 10 missions, but it seems to start you with Darth Vader and Darth Maul. Maul is a favourite of mine so ive used him for most of them, although their powers are basically the same, Vader has force choke which is an AOE attack and Maul does a little lightsaber acrobatics thing. Im pretty sure large amounts of the game are going way over my head as there seems to be a lot of things to unlock etc. although so far the old trick of fewer towers but being powered up seems to be working fairly well for me. Later on you seem to be able to apply 'relics', which are your generic power up item, to both champions and towers.

Quick run through of enemies/allies ive seen so far have been, a variety of foot soldiers from hoth amour rebels to wookies, speeder bikes, sand people, random tanks, Chewbacca, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, General Grevious, Grand Moff Tarkin, The Emperor, Luke Skywalker and so on, theres tons so if you like little touches like that then you will be happy.

Thats the majority of the nice stuff, the bad is that it has that very stupid limited 'energy' thing whereby you can only do so much of playing the game before you run out and have to wait or pay some money. Why the fuck games do this I will never know, presumably people pay so there we go, but that gets on my tits and I can see it being a bit of a sticking point. I dont necessarily mind games being free and charging money for stuff, in fact I will normally put 2 quid into a free-to-play game like this if I think im going to play it a bit, in this case it got me a damage multiplying relic for one of my champions, so that was good.

And its on iOS!

I literally jump everytime someone posts in here waiting for a new game to get my toilet fingers in to :)

Tower Defence games are the tops!

Not sure this is going to be so great but I'll give it a whirl.

(I'm still trying to get 100% on Plague, only a few left on Brutal).