passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Phone Games & Apps

Hendo

Any chance you guys can play some proper handheld games from the good old days? You know, the DS, PSP, GBA?

There's no new impressions on anything other than iStuff. I'm just saying.

:weep:

My DS is sort of gathering dust now, but i got a PSP and love it and am grilling Tekken, but i got the impression no one seemed to give a shit about the PSP on here?

That's just what I'm playing, Ed. Cannae help it.

I am playing God of War now and then, and Rhythm Tengoku but my iPhone is always with me and I can play games when everyone in work just thinks I'm texting or something.

That's just what I'm playing, Ed. Cannae help it.

I am playing God of War now and then, and Rhythm Tengoku but my iPhone is always with me and I can play games when everyone in work just thinks I'm texting or something.

Thats SO true!!

Its obvious what you are doing if you hold a DS or PSP but with your phone.... there are no rules against having that with you :-)

Chimps Ahoy! Lite (free)

Dress up a monkey and use 2 paddles to bounce a ball into blocks and a pirate ship. Think Pong but with stuff to destroy in the middle. Full version is 2.99

Tried it, didn't like it.

I don't get why you have to control the two paddles/monkeys separately - why can't you control both at the same time?

Bit stuck on Toy Bot, the bit directly after the bowling ball where you have to pull the plug. Any help?

Chimps Ahoy! Lite (free)

Dress up a monkey and use 2 paddles to bounce a ball into blocks and a pirate ship. Think Pong but with stuff to destroy in the middle. Full version is 2.99

Tried it, didn't like it.

I don't get why you have to control the two paddles/monkeys separately - why can't you control both at the same time?

Bit stuck on Toy Bot, the bit directly after the bowling ball where you have to pull the plug. Any help?

i think all i did was stick my feet to the plug then pull my self and the plug up with the iron bar on top.

Ahhhh i accidentally lost my game progress when i unlocked my phone.... bad :angry:

So i am starting again.... god dammit the bowling ball bit is hard though...

Anyone know when SPORE is available for the iphone???

Its out now for the clickwheel ipods and so i got it for my girlfriend's nano last night and it seems pretty cool!!

Its more than just floating around eating stuff.....

Everything you eat fills your DNA meter...... and you can get combo's for better scores.... she only got to the third level, but inbetween each stage you unlock a new bit of the character creation bit and it seems pretty full featured. There are also enemies to watch out for and in the latest stage collectable items inside bubbles that can only be popped by pushing them into predators teeth (as she doesn't have teeth yet).

Hoping the iphone version has all this and more.

Seems like you can also upload your SPORE's to their website and share them with others!!!

Very tempted to get this and the main game now.

Another extreme heads up:

As soon as you possibly can, download Tris from the store. As you might be able to guess by the name, it's a Tetris clone and The Tetris Company have got in touch and now the dev is pulling it off the store TOMORROW, so get downloading.

I actually found this when I posted up about Simplify Media and I kept meaning to post about this and heartily recommend it, but I was too busy playing it. :blush:

It's a brilliant clone, unfortunately the global highscore doesn't work (because of bandwith issues, apparently) and beware that the controls are VERY sensitive but it's probably my most played game now.

A popular iPhone Tetris clone will been yanked off the Apple App Store tomorrow, following legal threats against the developer.

College student Noah Witherspoon has been enjoying success with Tris, his free version of Alexey Pajitnov's 1985 puzzle classic, but when The Tetris Company contacted Apple threatening legal action, he realised the game was up.

Posting on his blog Witherspoon said: "Do they have a case? No. Not really. I am convinced that if it went to court, the "copyright" claim would get thrown out completely. The trademark, perhaps not — but if I changed the name, to e.g. "Trys", that would be much harder for them to argue.

"The trouble is, I'm a college student, and not an affluent one, and I simply do not have the time, energy, or resources to fight this battle right now. There's a point at which I am willing to give up and be practical, to let the world have its way with that ever-mistreated little ideal of principle," he added.

Those of you wishing to grab the game still have a day until it gets delisted, assuming you're desperate to play another Tetris clone, of course.

That's from Eurogamer, via Kotaku.

I have to disagree with the guy though, it's not just the name - it is a complete Tetris rip-off and he wouldn't win the case if he had all the money in the world!

tris.png

Galcon - £5.99

Action strategy game.

http://toucharcade.com/2008/08/26/galcon-1...player-support/

Was a bit reluctant to drop £5.99 on this, and it makes it my second most expensive app on the iphone.

I would honestly say its a little over priced, but i haven't played it too much yet.

So far it seems promising. Its a very basic game and a very simple idea which is what i think makes it so great....

I was ultimately seduced by the fact that it supports online multiplayer.

Will give more feedback when i have got into it a bit more.

I wish spore would hurry up and come out so i can stop spending money on gap fillers!!!

I'm stuck again in Toy Bot. :(

Still in the sewer, there's two sets of dual cogs and a few switches.

I'm not explaining it very well but I took a screen capture and was hoping to post it, but the one day that the camera picture thing doesn't pop up when I sync my phone.

I JUST got past the bowling ball (again) on the bus yesterday...so not at that part yet.

Just took Galcon online and its brilliant fun..... still not sure its worth £5.99 though but there are online leaderboards, and the online stuff is surprisingly smooth!

Got utterly schooled online though so i think i need more practice.

Ah, here we go, thanks to the wonders of modern technology here's my screen grab of where I'm stuck:

post-62-1219935712.png

I can slide out of the metal pieces to the right but can't figure out how to get that one on the left out so I can hit the switch.

Sorry Oli, I never did get round to replying. :blush:

No, the platform on the left is made of wood so you can't grapple onto it. Still stuck. :(

I wondered whether this was worth posting in the thread about Kenji Eno, but probably better here:

In case you missed 1UP editor-in-chief of videogames James Mielke's blog post earlier this week, consider this a friendly reminder. For the low price of $4.99, iPhone and iPod Touch owners can now download Newtonica, the new game from Kenichi Nishi, the creator of Chibi-Robo.

So what's Newtonica all about? Allow this fantastic Japanese-to-English description to explain:

"Open the Starpanel. Click and rotate the sphere to catch the falling meteor on the same color core as the meteor. The more you catch the meteor, the great your life-gauge gets.

"If you keep on failing to catch the meteor, the game is over. Newtonica is the defensive shooting game with the minimal action. The innovative game producers got together to develope this original game rightly tuned to the intuitive interface of iPhone and iPod touch. Get it downloaded and play. Get high with playing Newtonica! (Requires iPhone or iPod touch, with iPhone 2.0 software update)."

Oh, quit your giggling -- you know very well that's not the kind of "high" they meant. Providing yet more incentive to pick the game up is that the music and visual design was handled by famed developer Kenji Eno, who's making a comeback to game development after an eight year hiatus (you can read a lot more about that in our recent exclusive in-depth interview with Eno himself). So if you're looking for a cheap, stylish game to mess around with on your iPhone, you may want to give Newtonica a try.

iTunes Store link - only £2.99 so I'll have to give it a try.

205.jpg?r

http://www.newtonica.net/

Ok, so I downloaded Newtonica and it's hard to explain but luckily I have a video to help. :)

This is the developer, Kenichi Nishi (he did Chibi Robo), explaining the game.

So it's very simplistic and it's a basic score attack game, but instead of attacking, you defend, essentially.

The globe is made up of 4 quarters of 2 red and 2 blue, you see the shadow of the object and spin the globe to make sure red objects will land on the red quarters and blue on blue.

For 3 quid it's not bad, but there is room for improvement, notably an online leaderboard would be good, the abilty to use your own music also.

The music's pretty good actually, reminds me of Rez in that it could help put you in a trance.

I couldn't run out and recommend it whole heartedly, but is pretty good.

I could see it working with the Wiimote (in the same way that the Weather Channel works) and also in flash with a mouse.

Hmmmm..

I have to say in watching the vids it seems a tad boring and yet strangely compelling.

Maybe its my desire to have new games on my phone though..

The price is good, but looking back through my recepits from iTunes store i have spent quite a lot recently on random downloads!!!

Think i might holdout for Spore (which i am GUTTED i wont be able to get on my mac as its too old to run it now :-( )

Keep me posted though on wether you are still enjoying it as it does look fun.

I imagine he will update it further?

Also...got to the same bit as you in Toy Bot on the bendy bus home last night.... which made me feel really sick cos i was on the actual bendy bit and staring at my iphone the whole time swinging around with the robot....

And yeah... WTF!! Its hard....im gonna have another bash at it during my 4pm poop so ill let you know what i figure out.

I don't know whether the Japanese devs are in the same space where they think about updating and iterating with their games, I get the feeling that this is the finished code.

In fairness, it's cheap and it's fun, but you won't be sitting there for hours. So the price is right for what it is, but that's about it.

As an experimentation it's all pretty good and the music is cool.