Platypus (Handmark, Inc.) Free | £2.99

Puzzle Quest : Chapters 1 & 2 (TransGaming Inc) Free | £2.99

Rolando (ngmoco, Inc.) Free | £1.79

Scarecrow (Ezone.com) Free | 59p

Scramboni (ByteClub LLC) Free

Skybound (Tumbleweed Interactive DA) Free | 59p

Snail Mail (Sandlot Games) Free | £1.19

Sol Free (Smallware) Free

Soul Trapper : Episode 1 - Ollie Ollie Oxen Free! (Realtime Associates, Inc.) Free | £2.99

Space Invaders : Infinity Gene (Taito) £2.99

Star Defense (ngmoco, Inc.) Free | 59p

SuperBall 3 (Spiffyware) Free Lite version | £1.19

Sway (Illusion Labs) Free | £2.99

TapDefense (TapJoy) Free

Tap Tap Revenge (Tapulous) Free

Topple (ngmoco, Inc.) Free

Topple 2 (ngmoco, Inc.) Free | 59p

Touch Hockey (FlipSide5, Inc.) Free | 59p

Toy Bot Diaries : entry 1 (IUGO Mobile Entertainment, Inc.) Free Demo | £1.19

Toy Bot Diaries : entry 2 (IUGO Mobile Entertainment, Inc.) £1.19

Toy Bot Diaries : entry 3 (IUGO Mobile Entertainment, Inc.) £1.19

Toy Bot Diaries : Compilation (IUGO Mobile Entertainment, Inc.) £2.39

Trace (Kevin Calderone) Free

Trism (Demiforce LLC) £1.79

WordFu (ngmoco, Inc.) Free

Zen Bound (Chillingo Ltd) Free | £2.99

Zombie Attack! (IUGO Mobile Entertainment Inc.) Free | £1.19

No probs man. :)

Anyone got any for the iPod? Peggle?

Another game for the Touch ones:

Aurora Feint : The Beginning

Price: Free

Think Puzzle Quest, but instead of using Bejewelled, this uses Planet Puzzle League as its frame.

Blocks move up from the ground and you can only move them left or right in an attempt to match up at least 3 symbols.

Like Puzzle Quest you have levelling up, new abilities, etc, but you're not competing against A.I. or other players.

Twisting the machine causes the blocks to rotate to the new gravity point too, effectively letting you move blocks vertically.

There's a party system in place but it doesn't seem to be working yet in the current build and the game does crash from time to time, but it's a brilliant free game, that if fully fixed would be definitely worth 5 quid. An essential download for the iTouch or iPhone.

:lol:

It's alright, I have trouble writing stuff that makes sense, so I can see why you missed that.

Some more free apps:

Bubbles

System: iPhone / iPod Touch

Another free but pointless app that's good for 10 seconds.

You draw bubbles on the screen and then you pop them. That's really it.

Facebook

Pretty much what you'd expect - you can message your friends, write on walls, change your status, etc.

However you can't see or use most of the extra stuff that Facebook has to offer, so it's not a proper alternative to using the proper Facebook site, but it is good to have about if you're one of the many addicts out there.

Last.fm

This is pretty cool.

You can use your Last.fm stats and listen to yours or your friends music by streaming via the app.

Like the Facebook and MySpace apps, it's a fairly cut-down version of the full service but a must if you love Last.fm.

MySpace Mobile

Another essential app if you're so inclined to use MySpace.

Pretty much does the same as the Facebook app, so a cut down version of the real thing but it's free and handy to have.

Phone Saber

Thank god this is free because it's fun for 10 seconds and then you may never use it again.

It's a lightsaber where you can choose the colour (6 in total) and swing your machine around and it picks up how hard you swing and makes lightsaber noises. That's as good as it gets, and it might sound cool, but you soon realise how pointless it is. Maybe good if you have kids, but I wouldn't hand an iPhone to a small child.

More on the way soon.

Some more Apps:

More Cowbell!

It's a giant cowbell that you prod and it makes a cowbell sound. Occasionally, you'll hear a sample of Christopher Walken from the Saturday Night Live sketch.

That's about it. As pointless as it sounds.

Palringo Instant Messenger

I've given this a few tries and it seems to work really well.

You'll need to set up a Palringo account but then you can add several messenger accounts to the app.

The following messengers work:

Windows Live

Yahoo!

AOL

Gadu-Gadu

AOL ICQ

XMPP / Jabber

Google Talk

iChat

I've only tried MSN but it works fine. There's also a really weird bot you can chat to. :unsure:

And there's a group service, like chat rooms.

Twinkle

Wheras I said previously that Twitterrific was the best Twitter app, I think Twinkle beats it.

Take the same service as Twitterrific, remove the ads, improve the front end and add in GPS features where not only does it say where you are in the world (pretty accurate too), but it gives you an extra tab where you can Twitter with people near you that aren't on your friends list. The default area is 50 miles but you can set it anywhere between 1 mile and 1000 I think.

The only downside to this is the element of privacy you are losing, but then if you're using Twitter you shouldn't be concerned with your privacy.

I haven't had a problem with Twinkle so far, very odd.

In the interests of keeping the first post a decent guide, I'm gonna remove the free apps that are rubbish, as it doesn't really matter that they're shite if they're free, unless they really need a warning not to try them.

I downloaded that the other day (John Davison from 1up Yours recommended it) but haven't played it.

But I have played a load more shit!

These are all games:

iMaze

This is a top-down maze game, in the same style as those mercury-based games you used to get. Tilt the ball through the maze to get to the exit.

There's only two types of difficulty, but the biggest problem is that it has no physics and it seems quite random if the ball is where you want it.

It hints at what's possible with the tech but this is pretty much shit.

iPint

This is actually alright, it works well but it's another one that won't be used after a few minutes only to show it to friends.

You hold the machine so you're looking down on it and guide the pint across the bar to your friends' hand.

There's 3 different difficulties but none are really that hard. After you've done that you are rewarded with the machine filling up with a pint, which bobs about pretty realistically.

It's at least worth a look, especially as there's an alternative out there (iBeer) which is for sale, which is just unbelievable.

Riddle Racer Lite

It's a very simple turn-based puzzle game but it's just plain awful, and it doesn't work properly, and it crashes.

Don't bother.

I'm reserving judgement on Graal Zone until the 10th of August as that's when the proper fixed version is meant to be out. Right now there's bad lag, de-sync and dodgy controls which apparently they will fix on that date, as Apple launched the Store earlier than they expected.

Labyrinth

Price: Free / £3.99

I've only downloaded the free version with one map pack but it's good fun so I might get the full one, but definitely try the free one.

You hold the device so you're looking down at the screen and tilt it to get the ball through the maze.

PearMe

I'm recommending this because it's free, it works and it's fun.

It's the simplest kind of game there is - match up pairs of pictures. You should know the drill, turn over two cards at once and try to find the pairs.

The upside is you can add your own pictures, the downside is you have to add them one by one, when it would be better to add a whole folder at once if you wanted.

Spinner Prologue

Another maze game.

The circle sits in the middle of the screen and points to the bottom of the phone - it's the maze itself that moves when you turn the device round.

It's pretty addictive and fun. There's a pay version coming out at some point, but this is pretty good.

*EDIT*

About Enigmo, I'm having a bit of trouble. Stuck on the 2nd level, believe it or not. :(

Are there any instructions on what puzzle parts do what? It seems so far like I've been thrown in at the deep end with no instructions or anything, except "get the water in the can".

Got your email, cheers man. I already found a guide to beat that level though, now I'm stuck on the next.:(

It is definitely worth the six quid asking price, my only major gripe being, once you finish it you can't reply a level, you have to start again from scratch.

I'd definitely agree with this, plus the fact that there's no tutorial or explanation of what the pieces do is a real pisser. Plus, while you're figuring out what they do, because of the above, you can't go back to it and improve your score. :(

I hope they bring out a patch to fix both of these things.

Oh, and at only £1.79 I'd really recommend DizzyBee.

Dizzy Bee

Price: Free / £1.79

Thanks to wiivo for finding this absolute gem!

You tilt the device to help roll a bee around the screen to collect flowers and rescue his fruit friends. If it sounds nuts, then that's because it is.

It has a brilliant physics engine, the controls work flawlessly, there's a free demo with 5 levels, the full version is only a couple of quid and I can't recommend it enough.

As I type this I finished what I thought was the game today, thinking that it was relatively short but understandable given how cheap it is and that there's still replay value in re-doing levels and getting better scores.......until I opened the 2nd world!

I'm gonna be keeping an eye on Igloo Games as this is brilliant stuff. Also, I'll throw in a youtube trailer.

Loopy

Price:£0.59

I don't know if anyone can remember but around 18 months ago i was pretty obsessed with a jap puzzle game called sliterlinks, its a number based puzzle game. You have numbers on a grid ranging from 0 to 3, you have to put lines around the numbers corresponding to the number in the square and form a chain to make one continuous line. The DS version was a fantastic package, the design, controls and interface where nigh on perfect. Loopy is the 59 pence version on the iphone.

First the plus points, the touch screen works really well for this type of game. The controls are simple and easy to use and there is an infinite amount of puzzles as it can just generate new ones for you.

There are three different difficulty settings and also three different grid sizes, 4x4 , 7x7 and 10x10. Obviously 10x10 on hard being the hardest setting of all. So far so good, however there are a few flaws. In 4x4 mode the game is fantastic, everything is very clear and easy to use, however it runs into problems with the bigger grids. As there is no zoom function, it is very hard to see the 7x7 grid, and impossible to play the 10x10 grids.

The positive and negatives struggle here. If you stuck your hand down the back of the sofa, odds are you could find 59p. In that sense the game is worth it, its just a massive shame that there isn't a zooming function, because if there was this game would be essential for any puzzle fan. However for the price, its still worth a punt.

Now you see it now you don't.

I Am Rich, also known as The $1000 App.

Screenshot2.jpg

post-62-1218060904.jpg

While many of the apps in Apple's (AAPL) iPhone App Store are useful, some are utter crap. And the latest, spotted by John Gruber, is an insult to all the well-meaning developers that Apple made wait/are still waiting to get into the iPhone developer program.

Behold: "I Am Rich," a $999.99 app from Armin Heinrich, which just displays a red gem on the phone's screen -- nothing else.

"The red icon on your iPhone or iPod touch always reminds you (and others when you show it to them) that you were rich enough to afford this," the app's information page says in iTunes. "It's a work of art with no hidden function at all."

The upside for Apple: $300, or 30%, of all purchases. The downside: Good luck enforcing that "all sales final" policy on this scam.

And then.....

The $1000, zero-utility "I Am Rich" app for Apple's (AAPL) iPhone and iPod touch has been removed from the iTunes App Store.

It no longer appears in searches, coder Armin Heinrich's list of apps, or the most-recent apps list.

We don't know if Apple removed it or if Armin did -- either is plausible -- but we'll update if we find out.

You've got to admire the guy's balls and sense of humour. :D

It games like this that make the iphone look like a fantastic gaming option..

Click me

GTS World Racing

Enjoy the thrill of classic arcade racing with this high octane racer!

* Accelerate, brake and steer using the device's accelerometer!

* Race on 64 different track layouts at 16 worldwide locations

* 3 different car types to choose from

* 4 play modes and 4 difficulty levels to satisfy every level of expertise

* Choose from the exhilarating soundtrack or create your own using the music on your iPod®

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNWFkvoQ6rY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNWFkvoQ6rY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNWFkvoQ6rY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think i'll give this a try when it lands on apps store, looks very good i reckon.