passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Phone Games & Apps

Hendo

I've been playing Draw Something as well. Was enjoying it at first but after a while the words start repeating and you just end up having to draw the same thing over and over. There's also no real hook to the game, like no rewards for generating a big chain or guessing quickly etc. Hopefully they'll add some more features in the next few updates.

You can get me via my username if you fancy a game.

• 2 weeks later...

finally got a chance to play the cave games on ios! some of which i bought ages ago on release (espgaluda 2 and dodonpachi dfk) and bought bug princess (mushihimesama) and dodonpachi doj for £3 each, they play really well and even though it's the phone versions i have they still look pretty good upscaled (probably won't pay £10 each for HD espgaluda 2 and dodonpachi dfk, maybe if they get reduced), hurts my hand slightly having to reach my thumb over the screen for extended periods, and it'd be smoother if the screen was more slippery. i'm not too hot on hitting the hardware buttons under pressure either. but all in all very enjoyable, 1cc'd mushi and doj on my first go on normal difficulty which would never happen on the arcade/ps2/360 versions. doj is like the most bad ass game ever, the music is ace too on doj and mushi - especially the doj boss music.

also anyone know what's up with drop 7 - doasn't seem to appear in my purchases for re-download, but appears to be replaced with new free and paid apps? bit crap i can't download the one i already paid for. got the new free one and it keeps redirecting me to facebook after a game <_<

Dunno, I've 3 copies - the original (which tries to redirect you to download the Zynga one), the Zynga paid one which owners of the original get for free and the free demo Zynga one.

I've only put the original one on, don't want to touch the Zynga one.

Am currently enjoying a couple of games of Carcassonne on the pad, still learning though.

• 1 month later...

get Game Dev Story

I looked at that but decided to go for Grand Prix Story instead... Haven't played it yet though. I've got a 9hr flight next week, so I'm saving it for that...

So far (apart from Draw Something, Words With Friends & the Logo game) I've been playing 'Geared' (which is free), which is one that caught my eye a good while ago. As the title might suggest it involves placing different sized gears/cogs on the screen. It was pretty fun for the first 50 or so levels, starting out pretty simple but quickly making things trickier with shaded areas restricting where cogs are allowed to be placed.

However, it's now got to the point where the game requires you to drop cogs from a height with pixel perfect accuracy! That might work fine on the iPad, but it's just stupid on the iPhone. I know exactly where the cogs need to sit to complete the level, but it's more about luck than skill now... Giving up with just over a quarter of the levels complete... <_<

This might be better off in the 'Deals' folder, but according to SavyGamer, there is a fuckload of iTunes apps on sale at the mo!

http://savygamer.co.uk/category/deals/iphone/

BANG goes the rest of my credit!!

Infinity Blade 2

Bit.Trip Beat

GTA3

GTA Chinatown Wars

Dead Space

World of Goo

plus loads more!!

Full (?) list: http://www.becausewemay.com/ios.html

Yeah there's a huge sale going on, don't know if it's just tied to that promotion or everyone else is jumping on it.

In there, I can recommend Fieldrunners, Zen Bound 2, Anomaly : Warzone Earth, Spider : The Secret of Bryce Manor, Waking Mars and Superbrothers : Sword and Sworcery EP.

I've gone for Forget Me Not, League of Evil 2 and Sword and Sworcery universal version (I got stuck on the iPhone version and want to start again on the iPad). Oh, and Infinity Blade II, good call. :)

Anyone reading this that doesn't have iOS, click the link above anyway, there's a PC, Mac and Android section in there.

Words of advice - Gameloft make some shameless but actually really good clones of well known games. There's a Diablo clone which is really good for one. But never, ever buy any of their games when they come out, because they regularly have massive sales where they sell them for 69p instead of a few quid.

yeah i picked up anomaly and infinity blade 2, happy to give the anomaly guys some mony after getting the xbox version for free and enjoying it. cut the rope experiments is free at the moment too, well it was last night, (and maybe it's in the link already posted?) not a clue if it's good mind.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have that, can't remember much about it though.

I've bought quite a few recently.

Plague Inc. which is a game where you in-directly murder the entire human race. Yay! ^_^

Mini Motor Racing (iPad version also available) - kind of top-down view racing game. It's pretty good and I think it's free.

The Tiny Bang Story (iPad only) - a point and click adventure mixed with a find and seek game mixed with a puzzle game.

Oh! Cube - Picross in 3D, pretty much.

Bitstream - clone of Dot Stream, that GBA bit Generations game.

StoryLines - based on the "Broken Telephone" game.

"You begin a StoryLine with a common saying. A friend grows the StoryLine by illustrating that saying. Another friend titles that drawing (without seeing the original saying). Yet another friend illustrates that title, and so on."

Sadly, it's needs fixing as it won't start at all for me on phone and pad, and it seems I'mm not alone. Good job it was free.

I've mostly been hammering the iOS version of radiangames Inferno

Aside from my distaste in virtual controls, it's a brilliant version. Definitely my favourite of his series of games - it's like Gauntlet meets Geometry Wars, with a RPG levelling system, kind of.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XJf9kVi2Z4A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It looks stunning on the iPad but it's a rarity for me where I prefer to play it on the small screen, because of the controls.

I think I have that, can't remember much about it though.

yeah i should have provided more info really. it's pretty simple, you follow a line with beats on it and tap the screen at the right time, but it introduces new stuff like swiping and the line moves all over the place:

http://www.edge-online.com/reviews/groove-coaster-review

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/groove-coaster/id442689429?mt=8

dot stream on the gba was ace so think i'll get the demo of that to see how it controls. plague and mini motor racing sound interesting too, so thanks for the heads up on thoes Hendo.

tried to play bit trip beat earlier but couldn't get on with the controls, ipad too big/heavy and moving the screen at the same time doesn't help, shame as the levels are split into managable chunks rather than the super long levels on the wii, which make level 2 pretty much impossible for me.