passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Silversun Pickups

Sambob

Id never heard of them until I borrowed a CD from a mate and now love them, kissing families is my favourite song by them.

If I HAD to put a similar sound to them then Id say Smashing Pumpkins, a little Sonic Youth, maybe a tiny bit of Pixies, are all clear influences on the band's sound. If you are in to that kind of music or any of the bands influenced by what Sonic youth were doing then Id recommend at least checking out their myspace page.

I've listening to them lately, mentioned them in the currently listening thread too. I haven't heard the track you mentioned but I keep meaning to hunt down other stuff by them. I'd recomend them too, it's enjoyable stuff.

As for them in RB2, I dunno about the track they picked. It has like nearly 4 minutes of wall of noise stuff which I can't see translating well into that game, if they cut it out it's a pretty basic song without it though. They should of gone with another track.

Id never heard of them until I borrowed a CD from a mate and now love them, kissing families is my favourite song by them.

I bought Pikul yesterday from Plays download service, and Kissing Families is a really good song. It's like new 90's music, which is good because I'll always be a grunge kid at heart

I got the Carnavas album at the weekend. I'm with you Ben. Very much a 90's grunge thing going on. If you like these your should defo check out tapes n tapes. Same kinda new 90s grunge thing going on.

Yay everyone buy it!!

• 8 months later...

Bit of a bump for this, they are an awesome band if a bit one trick (but then that's fine so long as no one else is doing it too).

Anyway their new album is out, only listened to it once but it's very good, I might even buy the tracks for GH:WT when i next get some points.

They were played on adam & joe the other week, Joe didn't like them and ripped into the guys voice. It was funny, but it's also a shame that they aren't going to get played on that show again

As for them in RB2, I dunno about the track they picked. It has like nearly 4 minutes of wall of noise stuff which I can't see translating well into that game, if they cut it out it's a pretty basic song without it though. They should of gone with another track.

That track's actually got me interested in checking their stuff out properly.

I really liked their first album, got both the Rock Band songs. Lazy Eye is a great to play, and well thought out twinkles is pretty fun. Not listened to their new one yet.

Good to see a bit more love for these guys, they arent ever going to be the best band in the world, but they really deserve credit for the stuff they are putting out, its better than a lot of the shit that gets lauded nowadays.

Listening to the new album now, its really good.

I saw there second album advertised on a website which linked me the the myspace sight just recently, before then I had no idea they had more material coming.

I wasn't blown away by the track the had up but I've still ordered the album, I think I'll still like it as a whole.

It's very similar to Carnavas, but as Ben says that's not necessarily a bad thing considering no-one does this kind of music anymore. Good album overall, even if it lack some of the hooks that Carnavas had.

I think its different enough from Carnavas for there to be a progression between the albums, im a little dissapointed that theres nothing similar to 'three seed' from Carnavas, but the rest of the stuff is like the good ones from Carnavas.

So far my favourite is 'no secrets this year' but I also like 'the royal we' and 'catch and release'.

Listened to it a few times now - the first half is very strong - The Royal We and Panic Switch are very good, but it loses it a bit in the second half, whereas Carnavas still had Lazy Eye nearer the end. Mind you, most albums are always like that.

I grabbed this album on tuesday.

Still not sure if i like it as much as Caravanaas but i think in time i will.

Actually went to see them last thursday. Was a pretty small venue too. I honestly thought they would sound shite live but the pulled it off really really well. Being a noisy-ish band i thought much of what i liked would just be lost but it sounded almost identical to the album.

As a band they are a bit odd though.

The main singer... has odd eyes..... he sort of goes boss eyed every time he sings lol.

The bass player... is like Mylene Class if someone came along and sucked out all her mojo.

Really enjoyed it though.

• 2 months later...

I just realised that they're touring the UK now. I missed my chance to see them in Glasgow last night. Ah well. there's always next time. Still some dates left, I think, dunno about any tickets left though.

Not to rub it in, more to encourage, but if you CAN possibly see them then make an effort to do it because they are spectacular live, and Brian is a good frontman. I met him outside the gig before they went on, he was just chillin at the venue.