passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Dark Knight

Jimboxy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And was it just me or was Commisioner Gordons daughters face never shown - does this mean we have a Batgirl lined up?

It probably means that she will get kidnapped and shot in the spine, and then shown to Gordon to torture him and make him mad, seeing as how the rest of the Killing Joke was in the last film.

Im not sure why but this film has completely taken me. I absolutely loved it, to the extent that when chris moyles jokingly criticised Bales' Batman voice I turned the radio off in a huff (moyles is a fat unfunny cunt anyways).

I would love to see this film again ten times, but Id love to see it again, having not watched it in the first place because it was such a trip seeing all the highs for the first time.

• 4 months later...

Only just got round to seeing this after getting it on DVD for Christmas.

ABSOLUTELY stunning film with my only gripe being Bale's "Batman" voice, as I saw someone else say elsewhere, its like he's doing a Strepsils ad.

As Ben stated earlier in the thread, you don't see Ledger playing Joker at all, you just see the character which is something I've not seen for a very long time... I only watched it last night and want to watch it again already! Fantasic film

I got the Blu ray for xmas but havent watched it yet - other half got the Gotham Knight dvd which covers the period between Batman Begins and the Dark Knight. Four or five different artists worked on it and some bits work better than others and the story doesnt really go anywhere but its worth a viewing.

I too got Dark Knight on teh bluerayz, as a film it's as awesome as ever with stuff I dont remember from first time round. Nothing major just extra bits from scenes like they needed to explain a bit more or something. The BR itself, well everything is crystal clear and really bright, you can see skin blemishes and all that, but really it's not that much better than a DVD upscalled, certainly not enough to warrent the extra money. All my opinion obviously and people will disagree, but I watched The Prestige the other night upscalled on my 22" monitor and there wasnt a world of difference between that and DK on my parents 42" at 1080p which was a bit disappointing. I mean it is better, but not exactly paradigm shifting

Regarding Ledgers Joker, I didnt say it in this thread but i said it somewhere, it reminds me of Brandon Lee in The Crow, kind of quietly manic, quite softly spoken whilst viscious. Obviously the Crow has more of a human side to him

I too got Dark Knight on teh bluerayz, as a film it's as awesome as ever with stuff I dont remember from first time round. Nothing major just extra bits from scenes like they needed to explain a bit more or something. The BR itself, well everything is crystal clear and really bright, you can see skin blemishes and all that, but really it's not that much better than a DVD upscalled, certainly not enough to warrent the extra money. All my opinion obviously and people will disagree, but I watched The Prestige the other night upscalled on my 22" monitor and there wasnt a world of difference between that and DK on my parents 42" at 1080p which was a bit disappointing. I mean it is better, but not exactly paradigm shifting

Regarding Ledgers Joker, I didnt say it in this thread but i said it somewhere, it reminds me of Brandon Lee in The Crow, kind of quietly manic, quite softly spoken whilst viscious. Obviously the Crow has more of a human side to him

Completely agree. When I first saw the pics of Ledger as The Joker it reminded me of The Crow too