passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

MFGamers Podcast (archive)

Hendo

Hi @Sly Reflex people normally go here first. 

FWIW I’ve not listened to the podcast yet, but from the sounds of it, it needed a little work, but who cares? 

I think it was great that @Blakey was keen to do it, and managed something that no one else has for 7 years. 

The point is, it’s a learning curve and the key word is learning. Moving forward look at what works and keep that, think about the set up, if you’re not happy with it, don’t put it live, take help or advice from those around you who’ve done this before and keep going with it. 

• 4 weeks later...

As a heads up, me and Sly have made a test podcast that will hopefully be going up in the next day or so.

We’re opening up the thing to be completely up to whoever wants to do it and how you want to do it.

Until some stuff is put in place, I’ll have to be the one to upload files and change iTunes feeds but eventually it should work that anyone who’s interested can upload what they want.

The only rules we’re running by is whoever hosts must be the one to edit, however if you want someone else to edit then you have to abide by their rules. For example, if you give me files to edit that are over 45 minutes, I absolutely will not touch them. But not everyone is like me!

The other rule is we’re only recording locally - speaking over Skype or Discord or whatever but recording our voices separately and mixing them together.

Other than that, you can do what you want, how you want.

I’ve made a Club for organising and gathering people to make it easier, so if you want in just let me know.

So far there’s @Duck, @Sly Reflex and @DifferentClass up for it. But I fully hope that @Blakey, @radiofloyd, @mr lakitu and @DANGERMAN among others will join in.

As I was on episode 0 I'll take a back seat for a while unless called upon to guest. Nudge me if I'm needed. I'll host and edit whenever my hosting duties come around, which I'm guessing will be around episode 5 or so?

I can record really late at night if needed for those that aren't on the GMT or keep ungodly hours. I'm also scoping out those of you whose names have not been mentioned so far. I'll be in touch closer to when that happens.

4 minutes ago, Blakey said:

Nah, I loved it! Just wouldn’t want the stick I got last time is all, I can’t edit etc. Either so I think others will be better off. 

I thought you did a good job as host for a first attempt, and I'd expect you to be good at editing, you seem the type. You just need Audacity and a bit of advice, it's not as difficult as you'd expect, I used to do it :lol:

7 hours ago, Hendo said:

Request for any arty types. I need the following:

"Podcast artwork must be between 1400 x 1400 and 3000 x 3000 pixels, JPG or PNG, in RGB color space, and hosted on a server that allows HTTP head requests."

This is the only thing stopping the feed from being validated - for god's sake someone send me a picture!

• Hendo changed the title to MFGamers Podcast (archive)
  • Hendo locked this topic