Hendo

Website feedback

I found an option in the back end to turn on. I'll leave it on for a few days, would be interested to see if anyone notices any difference and if it's better or worse.

Lazy loading is a technique whereby images, videos and embeds in content are not loaded until the user scrolls far enough to see them. This can improve page load times and reduce bandwidth.

Double posts now get auto merged into one post. I like this. 

Yeah if anyone posts within 5 minutes in the same thread and no-one else has posted since, the posts get merged. I can up the time limit but 5 minutes seems fair.

Applied a patch earlier that seems to have not fixed the bugs we already had and applied a few more, which is nice.

Not had any issues myself except for now the icon for the last page of a thread is really long on iPhone for some reason. Not tested on iPad yet but on Chrome I haven't had any issues.

22 minutes ago, Blakey said:

except for now the icon for the last page of a thread is really long

It's the same on Android and it's annoying.

1 hour ago, Sly Reflex said:

I especially like the one that jerks the page about on mobile.

Yep. This is the one that annoys me the most.

Is there a way to stop people that don't post from showing up when tagging? Like when I go to tag Hendo, I get @halfagogo (I miss you, you crazy fucker), @harrystrill @heleney @HK 47 @hmallett and @hollifield580A. I know you can drill down by filling out the field, but could there be a switch that stops suggesting people that'd not posted in a long time, if at all?

Maybe mark accounts as dormant or something so they don't show up? I don't really want to delete them in case they ever show up again, but there's a lot of accounts that flag when you type in and it seems off to have names like @badjuju, @Reecus and @Sam89 popping up when they've not a cat in hells chance of showing up again, right?

Is there anything that can be done about this? Or do we just have to live with it?

The only way I can think of is delete their accounts, which I wouldn’t want to do.

When I get a minute I’ll see if there’s something I can switch off in non-active people’s accounts, but I would imagine it’s always going to be there.

You should try using rllmuk - thousands and thousands of accounts using the same forum software. You really need to drill down, practically type out their entire name to get the right one.

It's a great feature, but it's meant to save time as well as have a reason for existing. As a feature it could certainly do with a clean up.

I seem to remember an option to stop people tagging you, would that remove them from lists? That would take so much time to edit their accounts to do that though, there's not something you could do in one swoop, unless there's bits of the forum that allow you to mass edit profiles?

EDIT: Or make it so that you have to have a set amount of posts before you can be tagged?

Just had a further look into this.

By default, there's no way of limiting who can be tagged, though there is a 3rd party plugin where you can disable certain groups from being tagged.

This would be super handy, but it's a plugin that's for sale. Only $10, but still.

48 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:

And this is why MFGamers will run for another decade without any issues.

You're putting a lot of faith in my ability to pay bills on time.