Hendo

Website feedback

Update has removed the ability to see what the next unread topic is, any chance of that returning?

Had a look in the back end, I can't see an option to turn it back on. I'll email Invision over the weekend about it.

I messaged Invision about a different issue the update threw up, one to do with the license we pay for. That's been fixed now.

As far as I can tell, the update was mainly a security fix, so chances are it's thrown some new bugs up. I've had a look too in the back end and can't find anything to fix it right now.

I've also added an unread button that means you can now click on the thread title and it should jump you to the newest post for you, rather than the beginning.

Messed around with the unread thing. It now reads "new" instead, is a red box, before the topic title and removes the previous unread circle or star.

On 01/03/2019 at 22:37, Jimbo Xiii said:

Had a look in the back end, I can't see an option to turn it back on. I'll email Invision over the weekend about it.

Any news on this? Even if I want to read the thread it'd be nice to know what I'm jumping into. Sometimes I click and I have no idea what the hell people are talking about unless I scroll back to the top, which sort of defies the buttons existence in the first place.

I haven’t seen any option to go back as it was. I have to imagine it’s a bug, I’ll try their support team and see what they say.

It's not a bug. ☹️

Removed Features

• Removed EmojiOne-style emojis due to licensing issues.
  • Removed Gravatar support due to privacy concerns and performance issues.
  • Removed password hashes when downloading a member list from the AdminCP. This is for security, to reduce the ease of obtaining sensitive data if the AdminCP is ever compromised.
  • Removed the name of the content (e.g. topic) from the “Next Unread” link which could consume significant server resources on large communities.

I've asked if they can give the option to turn it back on for smaller communities to decide for themselves.

That is pretty poor. There are a few bugs I've noticed. It's been terribly implemented.

On 09/03/2019 at 21:33, Hendo said:

I've asked if they can give the option to turn it back on for smaller communities to decide for themselves.

And the answer came back a firm “no”.

I imagine all the companies who are too big to sustain have a topic thread on their next button must be thrilled with all the bloody bugs in this release.. /s

I have. When I scroll to the bottom of the page on my phone, as I'm about to hit next topic it bounces back up a bit