Hendo

Website feedback

And there's a post count!

Yeah can we turn the post counts off? I feel ashamed having more than double some peoples posts

Other than that it looks nice, we just need to work out how to use it and leave the people in charge to fix things

I love the new forum software too - so many options and stuff, and adding URLs and things is so much easier.

I got an email saying that Shin Seffron has added me as a friend on here. What is this, Facebook?! :lol:

Everything appears to be working a bit better now. I'm going to have a play around, so expect the site to die shortly.

Nice work Hendo. :)

Edit: Woah, over 3k posts!

Cor, it's posh in 'ere.

Tis rather.

Would be nice to alter your own posts.

Fuck.

Sorry I have text touretts. Cant help it :rolleyes:

Is there gonna be a 'front page' like the old site where there will be update announcements?

Dont getme wrong its all good, I like it!

Cunt.

Sorry.

:P

its very nice in here, i feel underdressed. very nice that i didn't have to re-register too!

i also noticed that in my profile it says "Advanced Member"... i can't be the only one who finds that funny... why did i just watch bottom live over and over instead of revising for my exams...

its very nice in here, i feel underdressed. very nice that i didn't have to re-register too!

i also noticed that in my profile it says "Advanced Member"... i can't be the only one who finds that funny... why did i just watch bottom live over and over instead of revising for my exams...

Next you'll be asking to see th difference between a member and an advanced member. Sheesh.

<a href="http://www.the old site.com" target="_blank">Test</a>

<a href="www.the old site.com" target="_blank">Test 2</a>

<a href="http://www.the old site.com" target="_blank">Strange</a>

Right it seems actual html code doesn't work (there's an option to change it but I cant and shouldn't) but the code that most of us probably use still seems to work, and as there are buttons for bold/italics etc most stuff you'll likely need to do will be doable

Right, only just got back from work so I guess I have my work cut out. <_< (I love that smiley).

The fact that no-one bar mods can edit posts is to do with permissions so that shouldn't be a problem.

If anyone can log in but can't post or anything, no matter how trivial, I need to know exactly what happens, otherwise I won't know what to fix. When you're a mod or admin it all works fine so we won't know what doesn't work and how.

I've had an email from Chinny and he's been having massive problems loggin on both here and the old site which is odd so I'll have to get on that first.

I'm still in contact with the nice dude from Invision, so I'm gonna email his a list of queries of stuff we'd like to change (like post counts).

Any suggestions, go for it.

(Anyone that can read this but can't reply, please email me at mrhendo@gmail.com )

I've had an email from Chinny and he's been having massive problems loggin on both here and the old site which is odd so I'll have to get on that first.

You need to 'Allow Ginge' in the permissions

If anyone wants to help me with getting Sigs and avatars up that would be nice. I feel anonymous and characterless at the mo. I don't visit many forums so this one is quite a bit different to what I'm used too. Guess I'll get used to it...... And yes, it is much quicker though. Infact the old site would often throw up a warning on my computer about it being an unsafe website..... :o:lol::o:wub: ....... :mellow:

Do like the new emoticons... :D<_<

Edit: Ooooh, now I can edit. We have progress.

I've found the permissions thingy (Hendo here, no surprise) and you should now be able to upload avatars, post html, the PM count has gone up to 100, and I'm sure I changed something else but it escapes me.

*EDIT*

Ah yes, edits. :rolleyes:

PT Gamer, go to your CP thing and just have a play around.

Also, anyone that isn't a mod, try editing your side text thing (where mine says Big Chief).

If anyone wants to help me with getting Sigs and avatars up that would be nice. I feel anonymous and characterless at the mo. I don't visit many forums so this one is quite a bit different to what I'm used too. Guess I'll get used to it...... And yes, it is much quicker though. Infact the old site would often throw up a warning on my computer about it being an unsafe website..... :o:lol::o:wub: ....... :mellow:

Do like the new emoticons... :D<_<

Edit: Ooooh, now I can edit. We have progress.

When I was looking around the back end before I noticed that there's actually a limit on the number of emoticons that can be used in a single post. I think you just came close :lol:

is it just me? but the icon to show new post and read post doesnt always seem to load up

ive just noticed that straight after lol

but the

"Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 20 seconds before trying again."

is quite annoying since i skim read n ready to click on the next new post

but the

"Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 20 seconds before trying again."

I'll have a look into that, I still have Chinny to sort out!

I've had to go through all the permissions and disable posting for guests, even though a guest will give me their IP address. :ph34r:

but the

Dropped it to 10 seconds, still reasonably secure, but short enough to let hinn spd typ ;)