passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Oblivion (Elder Scrolls IV)

illdog

Ha ha ha i seriously played this game for months and didnt close one gate.

I came accross one once... went through... thought.. fuck this its not nice through there and carried on trying to chase and rape baby deer in the forrests.

But yeah... like all of you i got bored of the whole game soon enough.

My experiences with Oblivion have been pretty mixed to say the least, first bought it on PC & had no end of installation & performance issues - then I went for the PS3 version (which looks splendid) beautiful meadows, vistas & lovely interiors to explore - I must have spent more time wandering/exploring than taking an interest in the main quest! Anyway, last year I decided I simply couldn't be assed giving the game the level of devotion it requires & officially abandoned it. Its since been traded, I shame I suppose as its one of the finest RPGs (the only one at the mo) on the system. I'd also had much more affection for the previous title, Morrowind.

• 1 month later...

I finished the main quest last night. Its vastness is such that now its done to my satisifaction i feel lost. Im not interested in starting another game so i guess im gonna have to download Shivering Isle.

All in all tho, 77 hours for £18 and one of the best games iv ever played.

• 1 month later...

Like everyone else in this thread, I heart this game.

I only got it a week ago, and I think it's been played for about 25 hours in that time. :blush:

I've not even got very far in the main quest, I've just been taking my time, exploring the world and doing side quests.

Joining the guilds and arena is great fun, even if the arena is pretty easy. (I'm playing on default). 100 points in an hour FTW!

Now to do some more guild stuff, then be a bad ass and do the Dark Brotherhood. I can really see myself getting 1000g's on this game, the achievements are great and really encourage doing the unnecessary thing that you can do. (That's what achievements should be like IMO, not inane 'Beat the level' crap.

Now to do some more guild stuff, then be a bad ass and do the Dark Brotherhood. I can really see myself getting 1000g's on this game, the achievements are great and really encourage doing the unnecessary thing that you can do. (That's what achievements should be like IMO, not inane 'Beat the level' crap.

Exactly right man, ive said before, i used the achievements as a compass, but i always got distracted in whatever i was doing anyway. The Dark Brotherhood storyline was definately my favorite, altho the Thieves Guild is also pretty tense in places.

Im saving Shivering Isle for when I get a HD TV so i can see it in eye candy splendour but im itching to play it. Glad your enjoying it dude, it gets better.

Oh shit, I think that my brain has decided that I need to buy this game, as it sounds right up my street...but ive only just bought gears of war and smash bros, and hardly played either because of call of duty. Deres a Rat in ma Kitchen Whatma gon do

Oh shit, I think that my brain has decided that I need to buy this game, as it sounds right up my street...but ive only just bought gears of war and smash bros, and hardly played either because of call of duty. Deres a Rat in ma Kitchen Whatma gon do

I suggest you wait untill the crack addiction is over (if its ever over), Oblivion is not a game to dabble in, its too immence. Its another one of those games where if it clicks in your tiny mind its all you want to play. So worth it tho, but not whilst addicted to another game.

I suggest you wait untill the crack addiction is over (if its ever over), Oblivion is not a game to dabble in, its too immence. Its another one of those games where if it clicks in your tiny mind its all you want to play. So worth it tho, but not whilst addicted to another game.

Thanks baby

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this and the expansion pack all for 23 quid in GAME on the weekend and after initial bad feelings about it (which I was able to get through with my Agony Illdog) Im really excited about the game and am quite heavily into it.

I was playing until the wee hours of the night on the arena and made it all the way to Warrior or something, so far none of the other competitors have worried me much.

The main thing that I want to do now is just find some magic stuff and be all powerful so that I can just smash through waves of enemies, which is where im sure a lot of the game's appeal lies. So far ive not done much multi enemy destroying, but thats pretty much because I didnt know you could instantly travel to places, and so I spent about 2 hours just walking places, because i thought thats what you were meant to do, it does mean that my athleticism stat has gone up.

Im hopefully going to have a go later on and do all sorts of exciting shit, that or i will just do talking quests.

Im trying to stave off playing the expansion pack untill i get my new TV but i cant have people talk about it and not play it...

Can you go straight to Shimmering Isle of your version Sam? If not try.

Im trying to stave off playing the expansion pack untill i get my new TV but i cant have people talk about it and not play it...

Can you go straight to Shimmering Isle of your version Sam? If not try.

I wondered about that, from what ive read you can start stright into Shimmering Isle, I dont want to though because im going drain as many acheivements as I can from Oblivion, I got most of the Arena ones last night.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Its back on bitches. Shimering Isle is beautiful so far, lush backdrops and tons of monsters who are proper pains in the cunt. Ive just met the Prince of Madness and he's sent me on my first quest and it better be good cos i didnt take my horse with me and it took me 20 minutes to walk to his castle.

• 2 weeks later...

The Shivering Isles really is a completely different world to Cyroquill (or whatever). Graphically its more colourful which obviously makes everything standout and seem so vibrant, i really am loving just walking around taking in the sights. I think its a shame the game has been attacked for the exploration - im not saying it isnt sometimes boring trying to find a new location, im just saying if your in the right mental state you can really take in what an achievement Oblivion is and walking around is an utter joy.

Gameplay wise differs mostly due to the fact every resident is as mad as a scotch egg on a university course, conversations are bizzare and utterly random sometimes but ultimately you are uncovering conspiracy plots and settling petty squables. The main quest is to ultimately stop the impending Greymarch and this is undertaken by completing quests for the Isles ruler, Sheogorath.

My point for posting was the last quest ive done, i had to explore a place called Dunroot Burrow which is a maze of underground caverns filled with creatures called Elytra (just big ants) to find the Chalice of Reversal for Thadon, Duke of Mania :) . The twist is to enter their lair you have to ingest an addictive substance called Felldew which is actually harvested from the Elytra themselves (or the ones with a green sparkle anyway). Finding these certain Elytra is just as important as finding the Chalice, for without regular intakes of Felldew you quickly become weak and bollocks so it becomes a case of feeding your addiction. I had to drop some decent stuff from my inventory just to get my overall wieght limit down so i could fucking walk - but it had to be done so i could get more Felldew so i could raise my strength to continue the quest.

I suppose my point is im 84 hours into this game and im still finding new gameplay twists. Aces.