MFGamers

2007 Game Critics Awards

retroed

36 judges from:

2007publications2.jpg

Top 10 Games of 2007:

1.) BioShock (464pts)

2.) The Orange Box (387pts)

3.) Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (361pts)

4.) Rock Band (349pts)

5.) Super Mario Galaxy (323pts)

6.) Halo 3 (232pts)

7.) Mass Effect (213pts)

8.) God of War II (103pts)

9.) Assassin's Creed (88pts)

10.) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (87pts)

Game of the Year breakdown by platform:

Xbox 360: 7

PlayStation 3: 5

PC: 3

Wii: 1

PlayStation 2: 1

Game of the Year breakdown by publisher:

Microsoft Game Studios: 2

Sony Computer Entertainment: 2

EAP (Valve, MTV Games/Harmonix): 2

2K Games: 1

Activision: 1

Nintendo: 1

Ubisoft: 1

To arrive at the top ten games of 2007, the judges applied a points system. Each judge nominated 10 games and awarded a score between 5 and 30 points to their chosen games, with a total point allotment of exactly 100.

See, I fucking loved Ass Creed. I bummed it through the whole of the Christmas break (honestly Sam, it's in the post :whistle: ) and it's definitely in my top 10 I played all year.

I can't comment on Rock Band, Mass Effect, Uncharted or God of War II but the rest deserve their place.

Either way, such a great year for videogames. :)

illdog wrote:

I agree, and it makes me even more intreagued about Assasins Creed.

Shame Galaxy didnt get top spot, but personally I would have put Halo 3 just above it due to multiplayer content.

*chokes*

jesus man what are you trying to do to me.

Personally I wouldnt have Bioshock in there and Id jiggle the order, but its pretty much the 10 you'd expect

I'd have binned the orange box if it was me,portal would have made it but 15 physics puzzles a minute half life was not for me.

I agree with hendo though,assassins creed is ace,i've not rally done much of the main quest as running around and stabbing guards is just so much fun

Mass Effect has sucked a large portion of my life at the moment,frame rate and popup issues aside (of which there are many) it's an awesome game,basically a next gent KoToR,which is much goodness

pickled wrote:

I'd have binned the orange box if it was me,portal would have made it but 15 physics puzzles a minute half life was not for me.

I agree with hendo though,assassins creed is ace,i've not rally done much of the main quest as running around and stabbing guards is just so much fun

Mass Effect has sucked a large portion of my life at the moment,frame rate and popup issues aside (of which there are many) it's an awesome game,basically a next gent KoToR,which is much goodness

I did abso fucking lutely love mass effect, it was a really good game despite its flaws.

That seems to be a bit of a theme with the games in the top ten, bioshock was awesome in some areas but did have flaws, and so didnt deserve its full marks, same with Halo, Cod4(annoying match setup sometimes), Assassassassassasins creed and some of the others in the top - Except mario galaxy, I think it did its own thing very well and didnt have many errors or flaws....so maybe I think it could be a bit higher.

Hmm, a fairly standard top ten really, although I'd of put Metroid Prime 3 in it.... (Heeere we go!!)

:P

Is Mass Effect that good is it? I'd like to play it, but im not too fussed about paying top dollar for it. Having said that a guy in work has offered it to me for £15...

Apparently its a bit like Oblivion?