passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

iTunes

retroed

Hendo, I dunno about iTunes on a PC but on Mac there's plenty of options to have things sync automatically or manually using the different tabs when clicked onto your iPods icon on the left. Take a gander.

Ah yes, I forgot that I have had a play around with those settings since I got my iPod. On the Podcast section, it looks like this:

itunessyncoa7.th.jpg

Oh, and don't subscribe to the 360GAMERCAST podcast, it's terrible.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm. I'm still not sure I understand.

I want it to only put music on when I tell it to (and podcasts), and be able to delete certain albums or tracks. Where do I see which tracks are on there? You can't delete from your iPod can you?

Here's what the main and music page look like:

post-62-1215881173.jpg

post-62-1215881186.jpg

You can't delete from the iPod itself manually, but you can in iTunes. Just click on the music icon on the far left bar near the top, and it will bring up every single track that is on the iPod. From there you can delete individual tracks and either send them to recycle bin or keep the file.

I know I haven't really spoken about my iPhone on here but basically it does everything you'd expect and more. I surf with it while at work, my emails are sent to me, I watch movies on it if traveling on a boring ass train, use facebook on it.. etc etc. More than happy with it ;)

Funnily enough, I got a phone call from Vodaphone the other day telling me that my contract is up for renewal, due on the 25th of July which is luckily enough when I get paid, so I'm certainly considering getting an iPhone.

Only problem is that the damn thing seems to be completely out of stock. :(

Oh, I told them I was after an iPhone and they just went, "Err, oh well. No, we don't do them."

It might sound silly wanting an iPhone after just getting an iPod but I like to surf on my phone and a 3G phone with unlimited free data transfer sounds like the dogs' knackers. And I'm a sucker for Monkey Ball.

Ok, first impressions of the iPhone:

It's sleek, it's black and it collects fingerprints like a bastard!

Open the box and it comes with headphones, USB cable and adaptor to plug the USB into the wall as a normal phone charger. It comes with no covers or cases at all so this baby is gonna get seriously dirty. There might be screen covers available for it so that might help.

Unbelievably, there's no instructions on even how to put the SIM card in so I had to Google that (there's a tiny hole next to the headphone output which you stick in a paper clip).

What I don't like is that you have to delete apps from iTunes only, it doesn't look like you can do anything like that from the phone itself. Worse though, unless I'm missing something, you can't re-arrange the apps on your main Home screen.

It's set up the same way as the Wii with the channels, and from the off you have one full page of apps and slide across the the next page to see the rest. I really want to be able to move them around but it doesn't seem like you can. :(

The camera is a massive improvement on my old phone - the quality is brilliant.

Here's my gaming set-up with plastic and real instruments:

post-62-1216464745.jpg

But no zoom, no settings for night-time or day, no video.....absolutely nothing in fact other than "take picture".

Other than those niggles, I'm pretty happy with this little beast.

I've installed the Twitterific app so now wiivo can get daily insights into my life. Exciting.

What's MMS?

I'm still gutted that the camera is a bit limited but I'm getting to grips with the phone itself.

I downloaded a few really pointless free apps, like More Cowbell which is just a giant cowbell that, wait for it, makes a cowbell sound when you press it. Genius.

I might end up selling my iPod now. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Right, I know it's somehow possible to convert songs that have been purchased from the iTunes store into MP3 or whatever, so can anyone point me in the right direction for some free software? I want to play them in the car, and it plays MP3/WMA discs.

Thanks!

Ed... by far the easiest way (and this strips the DRM too)...

Is to burn the songs to a CD as an audio (non mp3) CD, and then import it back into itunes as mp3 or whatever format you wish.

You can then actually delete the protected downloaded files.

Adiophiles may be shouting out at me at this point that there is a tiny degradation in sound quality but i can't really notice any difference.

I usually do this with all my DRM purchases as it FUCKS me off not being able to put them on other machines i have and stuff (i.e. my desktop at home, laptop at home, laptop at work, iphone, girlfriends ipod nano and then a really old ipod mini that lives in the car is already over my five machine limit)

Hymm project sounds interesting... will have to check that out.

EDIT:

Ahhh nuts... looks like its windows only.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know how to move music ripped from a CD onto iTunes to the Windows Media Player?

I let my Aunt use the computer for her MP3 player but she went and put a load of Pussycat Dolls and Nickelback on my iTunes instead of the Media Player which I told her to do, I thought it would be a simple process of moving it over since it's not downloaded music. Will it not move over since iTunes creates MP4 files or something like that?.. :unsure:

You can set the preferences so iTunes imports as mp3, I'm not sure if that's default or not, probably not.

Find the tracks, right-click on them and Get Info and see what filetype they are and where they are located and then you should be able to add them to Media Player.

I managed to move the file after some messing around but the Media Player didn't recognize it, it just did nothing while the progress bar along the bottom moved. Cheers anyway. :)

it'll probably be ripped as an aac file if it went straight into itunes, media player won't play these, which is nice, you'll need something to convert them from aac -> mp3 to import them into media player

try this

audacity ftw