Urahara

Gigs

I'm off to see Public Service Broadcasting in Norwich tonight - my first gig in what seems like an age not counting an awesome jazz band I saw in Prague). Heard nothing but good things about their live show so pretty excited!

I'm off to watch Mewithoutyou and The World is a beautiful place co headline tomorrow night. I'm making a concerted effort to go to more gigs the past year or so, I want it to become more routine

I went to my first Hospitality night last night. Fuuuuck so good. Fred V and Metrik were playing. Easily of one the best gigs i've been too. 

Went to possible the worst Concert I have ever had the misfortune of seeing,  which was a shame as on paper it should have been

something very special indeed.

Drum Legends - Herman Rarebell (Scorpions) , Gingerbaker ( Cream ) and  Pete York ( Spencer Davis Group )

All 3 Drummers started off on stage together, playing a light improv for about 5 minutes , before Herman ze German came on with former Scorpions Vocalist Michael Schenker

Herman is far from a Legend but a more than competent drummer none the less, But really was out shon by Shenker, who for his age still has a great voice, and belted out some scorpions classics  the sound in general was lacking and being covered up with a saxophonist who didn't really fit in with what was being played. 

Not a great start, but acceptable, next up the highlight for me Ginger Baker,  Well was I disappointed,  After Ginger was literally walked out with support to stage he sat behind the kit looking like a  zombified animatronic version of himself, still give him chance I thought and they Start with a pub band in support played a woeful version  Sunshine of your love, next up The Toad

if anything is going to be good its this, so it starts not to bad , he has support on an additional drum I can live with that the geezer is 80 odd but rather then the Legendary 13-15 minute rendition of the song he shortens down to a badly played 4 minute rendition, and the curtain goes down.

Post Interval Pete York comes out and proves there is no chance at saving this travesty of a show,  tells a few grandad jokes and then plays and sings well he might as well been singing in a nursing home for the hearing impaired because thats about the only audience he could keep, 1 and a half songs in and we had seen more than enough time to leave and hit the pub,  to stares of bemusement by the crowd who are lapping it up,  maybe they were the tone deaf ones or just blinded by the appearance of 1 Hasbeen legend and  2 session drummers.

I need to make up for this with a good gig, this one isn't even going to make my list of Artists I have seen live, I'd sooner have not gone.