passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gigs

Urahara

Yeah hendo... how was it?

Got any recordings?

We were supposed to go to The Boy Least Likely To this month but its been moved to January... AND ... FUCKING TICKETMASTER CUNTS didnt notify me in any way... if it hadnt been for the sheer fluke of a mate mentioning to me that it had been moved i would have turned up and wasted my time..

I HATE TICKET MASTER

THEY ARE FUCKING MONOPOLISING CUNTS

I don't think Ben was referring to my gig, Oli.

:)

(Though it went great, cheers!)

Ok, I'll admit it - I went to see Sir Tom Jones in the Manchester MEN.

Ratio of women to men - 75 : 25.

Average age of said ladies? About 55 I'd say.

You know what? He kicked ass.

Much respect for the guy as he had nothing to flog - no new album to promote, nothing.

Just seemed like he wanted to do it (can't imagine he really needs the money).

I also bought a T-shirt and a poster that just screamed "buy me!".

I'll put up a pic of it if I can be arsed and you can see why.

I saw Ginger (Wildheart) last night, and he was fucking excellent. I have to admit I wasn't too sure about going (haven't heard much of his stuff really) but the girlfriend dragged me along and it was really good. Best gig I've seen in ages.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see OPM (same line-up, Sly? Supporting Hed(pe) with a new band called Weapons?) not so long ago. They weren't as bad as I was expecting but I had no desire to meet them.

The main band were rubbish.

Weapons were fantastic, basically a rip-off of Senser and clearly 10 years too late, but good at what they do.

And.....I've been dumb.

Tool is next week.

Doh.

• 3 months later...

Went to see Faithless last night!

Absolutely awesome, one of the best gigs I've ever been to. They really know how to work the crowd and put on a hella good show.

Support was from Clavin Harris (that 'Acceptable in the 80's' guy) and he was ok, had a decent enough band (though an annoying guitarist who was pulling all manner of lame poses) but he seemed to be a one-trick pony.

But the main act was outstanding, they pulled out God is a DJ and Insomnia within the first 15 minutes - that's either very brave or very well planned. In the end it was the latter. I've never heard people stamping and calling out for more as when they finished their first set, the Manchester Evening News Arena was sold out.

Also, I made the best investment before the gig - they were letting you order the whole gig recorded on CD which I've come across before, but never bothered with. I ordered mine and in 10 days one of my best ever gigs will be in my iTunes!

Cannae wait!