passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gigs

Urahara

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to possible the worst Concert I have ever had the misfortune of seeing,  which was a shame as on paper it should have been

something very special indeed.

Drum Legends - Herman Rarebell (Scorpions) , Gingerbaker ( Cream ) and  Pete York ( Spencer Davis Group )

All 3 Drummers started off on stage together, playing a light improv for about 5 minutes , before Herman ze German came on with former Scorpions Vocalist Michael Schenker

Herman is far from a Legend but a more than competent drummer none the less, But really was out shon by Shenker, who for his age still has a great voice, and belted out some scorpions classics  the sound in general was lacking and being covered up with a saxophonist who didn't really fit in with what was being played. 

Not a great start, but acceptable, next up the highlight for me Ginger Baker,  Well was I disappointed,  After Ginger was literally walked out with support to stage he sat behind the kit looking like a  zombified animatronic version of himself, still give him chance I thought and they Start with a pub band in support played a woeful version  Sunshine of your love, next up The Toad

if anything is going to be good its this, so it starts not to bad , he has support on an additional drum I can live with that the geezer is 80 odd but rather then the Legendary 13-15 minute rendition of the song he shortens down to a badly played 4 minute rendition, and the curtain goes down.

Post Interval Pete York comes out and proves there is no chance at saving this travesty of a show,  tells a few grandad jokes and then plays and sings well he might as well been singing in a nursing home for the hearing impaired because thats about the only audience he could keep, 1 and a half songs in and we had seen more than enough time to leave and hit the pub,  to stares of bemusement by the crowd who are lapping it up,  maybe they were the tone deaf ones or just blinded by the appearance of 1 Hasbeen legend and  2 session drummers.

I need to make up for this with a good gig, this one isn't even going to make my list of Artists I have seen live, I'd sooner have not gone.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, RikSP said:

Off to see Terrorvision tonight!! 

Nice, one of my all time fave groups, last time I got to see them was back when they released super deluxe.

Great live band, and massively under appreciated.

29 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Nice, one of my all time fave groups, last time I got to see them was back when they released super deluxe.

Great live band, and massively under appreciated.

Nice! They’re one of mine too. Finally got to see them for the first time last year when they were playing with The Wildhearts and Reef. Fucking superb.

Terrorvison were absolutely superb. Atmosphere was incredible and they played How To Make Friends And Influence People in its entirety, followed by a 30 minute encore of best ofs that aren’t on that album.

Tony even remembered most of the words ?

• 2 weeks later...

Had a very odd experience last night.

On my way to the garage to get new tyres I had the radio on and this song came on which stuck in my head all day:

Focus Wales is currently on in Wrexham. Met up with a few old friends. Watched an all-female Canadian rock band and then switched floors in the venue to watch this rapper I was told was amazing.

First song she rapped about masturbation, second song about sucking dick, another song about Tinder, another one about fuck boys. Then the final song was Thunder Thighs which made me go, “ohhhhh!”.

I met her after the show and she was lovely.

And this dude that was a big fan and came over from Coventry specifically to see her. Keep in mind it’s a 3 day festival that costs 40 quid for the 3 days. And on top of that he’s followed her round the country on her tour.

I could’ve seen Skindred last night but the venue was a decent walk away and I’m very lazy.

Same for the Lovely Eggs which would’ve been good to have seen.

Distant Worlds was great yesterday, played a good mix of stuff with a second half mainly focussing on FF7.

Absolutely in my element, Aerith's Theme is  always an emotional one.

Full Setlist

Set 1

Prelude (Final Fantasy Series)
Apocalypsis Noctis (Final Fantasy XV)
Victory Theme (Final Fantasy Series)
DragonSong (Final Fantasy XIV) - featuring Susan Calloway
Ignis and Ravus (Final Fantasy XV)
Suteki Da Ne (Final Fantasy X) - featuring RIKKI
Festival of the Hunt (Final Fantasy IX)
Answers (Final Fantasy XIV) - featuring Susan Calloway
Dancing Mad (Final Fantasy VI)

Set 2
Opening: Bombing Mission (Final Fantasy VII)
Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII (Final Fantasy VII)
Aerith's Theme (Final Fantasy VII)
JENOVA Complete (Final Fantasy VII)
Cosmo Canyon (Final Fantasy VII)
Cinco de Chocobo (Final Fantasy VII)
JENOVA (Final Fantasy VII)
One Winged Angel (Final Fantasy VII)
Final Fantasy Theme (Final Fantasy Series)

Encore:
Zanarkand (Final Fantasy X)
Battle on the Big Bridge (Final Fantasy V)

• 4 weeks later...

Off to see Stone Temple Pilots tonight! They've been one of my favourite bands for around 20 years and this is my first time ever seeing them.

I'm excited, but I'm also shattered from a work party last night and bummed out I can't see them with Scott. Jeff is great though so I'm sure it's going to be spectacular. 

Well that was fantastic, solid 8/10 gig for sure. 

The band were tight and Jeff's vocals were incredible. He sounds great on the album but live is something else, and seeing and hearing him sing Scott's songs it's easy to see why he got the job, his range is next level and he was hitting every single note of every single song. 

Weirdly though some songs seemed to be slowed down and it threw me off a bit, then they did that thing where the guitarist has to freestyle a solo for a bit before filling the middle of the set list with the really slow songs. I know they do it so everyone can have a rest but I hate it, and they did a really weird super slow version of Plush and I did not enjoy it at all. It's one of my favourite songs and I'd like to hear it being performed properly thank you very much. 

Other than that though it was genuinely brilliant and proved once and for all the Stone Temple Pilots were always more than just Scott Weiland, and I can't wait to see what they do next. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My first gig was Bruce Springsteen at Roundhay Park, Leeds, in 1985. 

I was still at school and my mum & dad gave me & a mate a lift (from Warrington) dropped us off on a road nearby and said see you later. Heaven knows how we managed to find them on the way out amongst a 70k crowd, but we just headed back the same way we'd come, walked a fair bit more due to traffic chaos, and then there they were.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/1985/roundhay-park-leeds-england-2bd7b082.html