passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gigs

Urahara

Hendo wrote:

I went to see OPM (same line-up, Sly? Supporting Hed(pe) The main band were rubbish.

Noooooo, I loved the band hed(PE) they are awesome, jailhouse, santaria are awesome songs for the summer time. Maybe they were a different line up or something, or Hendo had carebears on his headphones.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

This is an old thread, maybe worth bumping?

I'm off to see The Hold Steady in Newcastle on Tuesday, can't wait. The tickets were cheap but because of shitty trains not running at night I have to spend the night there, including trains and a room for the night its ending up costing a fuckton.. well, over £50, but I'm poor!. :(

But they are awesome and my favourite so a memorable time will be had.. even if I am on my own. :weep:

Fucking loser friends!

I'm off to see Ben Folds in Manchester in a couple of weeks. :)

I'm also working on booking my band's first gig in (literally) years for next month so if any of you happen to fancy making the trek to Wrexham in March then you can watch me mangle both a guitar and bass.

I'm off to see Ben Folds in Manchester in a couple of weeks. :)

I'm also working on booking my band's first gig in (literally) years for next month so if any of you happen to fancy making the trek to Wrexham in March then you can watch me mangle both a guitar and bass.

At the same time? I suppose it could be possible if you rocked the guitar in a Alex Turner stylee and the bass like Peter Hook.

Break a leg I suppose.

I'm also seeing Ben Folds in a couple of weeks time. Can't wait. I've wanted to see him for years. I'm also seeing British Sea Power this wednesday as well. Haven't listened to them as much as I wanted to but what I've heard I really like.

I'm off to see ...And you Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead & Rival Schools next month. Then in april i've got tickets for the mighty Explosions in the Sky. If I can afford it I might get tickets to watch Mogwai too, but they're not as good live now they've been forced to turn the volume down

• 2 weeks later...

Ben Folds tonight! :D

How was your gig, Jim? Support band any good?

We pretty much missed them, but they seemed ok. Ben was great, not a lot of Folds Five stuff though. We had some wankers in the crowd who kept heckling between songs so Ben wrote a put down song about them on the spot.

Well that was awesome!

He did a "Rock This Bitch" version for the occasion after people were shouting for it and then when he finished some nob head shouted for it again so he started up a new one with lyrics like "even though you're loud and rude and crass we will rock this bitch.....again".

Also they didn't do "Army" though they seemed to have run out of time and did a final song of "One Angry Dwarf" that was about twice as fast as it should be, just to fit it in.

Support band was amazing, it was this woman Kate Miller-Heidke and her guitar playing support. Luckily I bought the CD before even hearing her, just taking a chance, then at the end she said she would sign CD's before Folds came on and they sold out! Got mine signed and struggled to not stare at her chest while she did so, or at least not make it obvious that I was.

Amazing voice, great songs and really didn't expect an operatic voice to come out on occasion.

Found some vids from Birmingham and London:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SUTyMBt2uk0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6yED7qsgO7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MMW-NU7P2N4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EDIT

Also Ben's cover of Ke$ha "Sleazy" was amazing.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3ugRrbwzdlc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• 1 month later...

went to watch ...Trail of Dead last night. Given that they've softened a bit on record I was a bit surprised they were as heavy as they were. It was like a greatest hits set, not a bad song played all night. The only downside was that I was there with a mate who didn't know any Trail of Dead stuff, he said he enjoyed it but the melodies were lost in the heavyness.

Rival Schools were co-headlining and they were awesome. Decent mix of old and new, and after they misheard a request from the crowd they played an impromptu Bon Jovi cover :lol:

• 2 months later...

went to see flaming lips at jodrell bank yesterday, it was pretty amazing stuff, more the show than the music. the guy went into the crowd in a bubble (apparently he does that quite a bit) and had giant laser hands he fired at a mirrorball, then at the end they used the dish as a massive screen!

ball_web.jpg

laser_web.jpg

hands_web.jpg

laser_hands_web.jpg

didn't get any good pics of the telescope as a screen so here it is on youtube: