passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Gigs

Urahara

• 6 months later...

Great photos mate! I saw the Chili peppers some time ago, and was a bit disappointed. Their best album, IMHO, is Blood Sugar Sex Magic, yet they only played one track from it. Bah. On the plus side, James Brown was supporting, who was absolutely bloody superb!

Here's the final song from the Thin Lizzy gig I went to last night - Black Rose. An epic ending to a bloody briliant set. The guitar solos at the 4 min mark are crazy.

I was stood right behind the guy filming this.

Great photos mate! I saw the Chili peppers some time ago, and was a bit disappointed. Their best album, IMHO, is Blood Sugar Sex Magic, yet they only played one track from it.

This tour they seemed to really cover the whole back catalogue, even some pre Blood Sugar Blood Magic stuff.

They were selling mp3s of all the shows on their website and the set seemed to change to a certain extent each night. There was an awesome Sir Psycho Sexy

jam a the one I went to.

I have a gig coming up (as in playing) supporting this lovely lady:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UsKwohhZ4WE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then in April I'm 50/50 on playing this music festival (goes round Wales every year, this year it's Wrexham's turn).

Most exciting thing though is going to see The Civil Wars in March. :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MZhIm-XtZIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have a gig coming up (as in playing) supporting this lovely lady:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UsKwohhZ4WE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then in April I'm 50/50 on playing this music festival (goes round Wales every year, this year it's Wrexham's turn).

Most exciting thing though is going to see The Civil Wars in March. :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MZhIm-XtZIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hope you're playing topless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I went to watch Tallest Man on Earth tonight, it was awesome but a bit peculiar. We were pretty sure he was on something at first, he was prowling around the stag, glaring at anyone that made a noise, then he hit a comedown and declared his love for the support act and the crowd. By the end I started to think he might just be genuinely a bit odd, he was smiling at people as he glared at them, and when everyone sang the last line of a song before he did he just stopped for about a minute to tease the crowd.

When he came back for the encore he tried sneaking back without being spotted (he failed miserably), and as he reached for his guitar the spotlight came on, so he put the guitar back and the light went off, it got to the point where him raising his finger was enough to activate the lights :lol:

He's a talented fucker too, really impressive on guitar, especially if he was off his nut, and he's not exactly a beginner on the piano too

I went to watch Tallest Man on Earth tonight, it was awesome but a bit peculiar. We were pretty sure he was on something at first, he was prowling around the stag, glaring at anyone that made a noise, then he hit a comedown and declared his love for the support act and the crowd. By the end I started to think he might just be genuinely a bit odd, he was smiling at people as he glared at them, and when everyone sang the last line of a song before he did he just stopped for about a minute to tease the crowd.

When he came back for the encore he tried sneaking back without being spotted (he failed miserably), and as he reached for his guitar the spotlight came on, so he put the guitar back and the light went off, it got to the point where him raising his finger was enough to activate the lights :lol:

He's a talented fucker too, really impressive on guitar, especially if he was off his nut, and he's not exactly a beginner on the piano too

Haven't seen him live yet, would love to though. The Wild Hunt is a brilliant album. The guitar playing on that is really good. Never heard anything about him being an oddball, maybe he was on something... :lol:

At one point he sat at the piano, started playing There's No Leaving Now (awesome fucking song), then stopped and said "this guitar's a bit quieter than the other one"

If he was coked (or smacked) up then he held it together better than most, though he did start to get very philosophical after about 30 minutes. After declaring his love for the support act, and then after another song us, then apologising that last time he was in Manchester he'd yelled at some people who were being dicks, he then went off on one about not doing interviews. Or as he put it, "I'm just a dude, I travel around and sing songs about horses"

He's well worth seeing, and he produces quite a full sound considering it's just him and his guitar. The crowd were odd though, didn't sing along much, and when they did it was to the songs you wouldn't expect them to, they were yelling out (which meant comedy glares), getting restless when he was mumbling, but it was all still quite good spirited