passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Tony Hawks Proving Ground - DS

illdog

From what ive played so far it seems like a load of old arse.

The problem is its so similar in every way to the other DS versions of TH, graphically it hasnt moved on since American Sk8land. And here I am again, doing the same old tricks for similar 'people' only this time it feels like a chore instead of fun.

I'll give it a chance to sell itself to me before I write it off and will happily eat my above words if the experience turns out to be a proper one, but only time will tell.

Ok, played more, not quite so bad. If you've played Project 8 then you'll know sort of what to expect. Goals are broken down to their three difficultys (AM, PRO and SICK) and its just a trudge around to find people to perform for. Complete so many goals at PRO level to unlock the next skate area.Goals include Manualing for certain distances, making little skate videos where u perform the trick the director calls out, high combo scores etc...

Rekon the multiplayer could be good and I think if you never played Project 8 and this style of play is new to you you'll enjoy it.

I didn't like it they have strayed away from the clean easy to play style they had in American Skateland it just felt forced to me and the visuals are trying to be too nice and end up looking a bit crap.

Though the trick system is spot on if they made an American Skateland 2 with this engine the better multiplayer and such then that would be awesome.

Ill hit it on the head when you have to do all the stuff over again it just feels like a chore with little or nothing compelling you to do better save for the superior multiplayer.