passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

I am Legend

Sambob

Anybody else looking forward to this, I read up on the plot of the original 1950s novel and it sounds great, the only thing im worried about is Mr Smith messing up the role. Mind you he did pretty good in Pursuit of Happiness and so far has had rave reveiws for this, which is pleasing news.

It seems like theyve gone down the 1970s film remake path.

That film version had the vampires changed to a sort of explainable human condition whereby they craved fresh blood and flesh as part of a weird deficieny in the diet caused by the disease, apart from this it seems like the plot will be very similar, apart from having a dog from the start rather than having to catch it...Either way it looks brilliant.

To be honest, and to have more of a discussion on the novel, im quite happy with the more realistic setting rather than the fantasy setting that the original novel took. It looks like theyve tried to imagine how it would be if this happened in real life, although it never would...probably

• 2 weeks later...

ON THE WHOLE i really enjoyed this. The end is a bit of a disappointment, like it really had to tick all the boxes, but it is good up until that point.

I'd have liked them to have gone more into his insanity. He goes from quirky keeping himself amused behaviour to batshit crazy a bit quick. Well worth watching even if the infected look a bit like the mummy

ON THE WHOLE i really enjoyed this as well. I was thoroughly engrossed in the film the whole time, the feeling of isolation is done so well, having been lucky enough to visit New York City a couple of times and seeing its soooo quiet and all overgrown was jaw dropping.

Agree with Ben on the ending tho, it was all done a bit quick and the 'Darkseekers' do like like The Mummy. They still scared me when they were screaming tho.

Great film, go see. Go on.

Saw this a while ago and have to agree with you guys the end was a bit of an anti-climax and it definently needed as ben said more depth to the level of his mental situation would have been great I think they did well taking alot of direction from Tom Hanks in Cast away.

It just seemed the latter half of the film felt rushed suddenly there's new people then the shit hits the fan.

The scene in the warehouse place with the Silent Hill esque infected standing around in the dark the air of fear around there was quite intense.

hehe yeah centy silent hill esque indeed, my cousin thought pyramid head had killed the dog when smith was looking for him in that 'nest'

great film, felt very different from The Last Man On Earth, which i prefer but it does what it does very well. man did he bum that dog!

i watched this in Hong Kong the other day (Bloody chinese subtitles) but i enjoyed this film. even tho its not really a horror it was quite jumpy at some points. It was quite boring at the beginning a bit, its a good film but overhyped me thinks.

I watched this last night and enjoyed it a lot. Jumped like a motherfucker thouh like the big girl I am!!!

It seemed to end very abruptly though and i would have liked to see a little more insight into how the world fell apart but overall I liked it