retroed

Post your latest gaming purchases

OK. *draws breath*

I went to Tesco and ASDA early this morning and no DS's in stock (I know I said I wanted a funky import one but I can't take my fucked DS any longer).

I just nipped to GAME, then Woolies and then Tesco again and still nothing. Actually that's a lie, GAME did have a pink DS but, er, no. A shame as the black one they had would've come with the Sonic & Mario game which I would've liked a look at.

I thought I'd take a chance and asked the woman behind the counter in Tesco if they actually had any, she went to the back and surprisingly, yeah a white one!

So I now have a new DS. I would've preferred a black one to be different to my last one, but frankly I'll take what I can get.

Also, in GAME, inspired by the Eurogamer articles on the Cube I picked up Luigi's Mansion for 15 quid. I borrowed it off a mate back in the day and completed it in a day or so, but it's nice to have.

On the DS side, BOGOF offer for Duck Amuck and Geometry Wars, and then Namco Museum DS (for Pacman Vs, admittedly).

Off-topic, anyone know how long you should charge a new DS for before using it?

Nice haul!

Hendo wrote:

Off-topic, anyone know how long you should charge a new DS for before using it?

It doesn't matter how long, play while you charge if you like. The DS battery, like most battery powered electronic devices these days, is of the Li-ion variety, which does not have a memory. This basically means it doesn't need to be run flat before being charged, or be charged for a set period before first use. :)

I just bought Lost (360) for a reasonable price on rllmuk.

I'll whore the gamerpoints and flog it on probably. In all seriousness, I have heard some good things (providing you like Lost) along with the bad, so I'm interested to see what it's actually like.

Got paid, ordered some shit.

Apollo Justice on DS, Virtua Tennis 3 on 360, Castlevania Chronicles and Patapon on PSP.

Soundtrack wise i bought the Beautiful Katamari and Castlevania Chronicles cos i was feeling swanky.

Traded in Metal Slug, Wario Smooth Moves and Trauma Centre t'otherday for SEGA Superstar Tennis and Beautiful Katamari on 360 so new games ahoy.

illdog wrote:

Soundtrack wise i bought the Beautiful Katamari and Castlevania Chronicles cos i was feeling swanky.

I've been reading about the (Japan only :() No More Heroes soundtrack. It's on 3 discs and me wanty.

Hendo wrote:

I've been reading about the (Japan only :() No More Heroes soundtrack. It's on 3 discs and me wanty.

Buy! Go on.

Last night I bought this Hori PSP Slim pouch (£3.19) and a Zelda Phantom Hourglass stylus (99p). Total of £6.39 including P&P! The order has already shipped. :)

pa.104597.1.jpgpa.113016.1.jpg

I went into Gamestation earlier and traded in Lost for £18 and bought SEGA Superstars Tennis on 360 for £16.99 (was priced at £34.99 compared to GAME's £39.99).

Ok this is pricey but here goes:

PS3 - 40gb version - £240, work with staff discount!!

Army of two - PS3 £34

GT5 - £19.99

Resistance Fall of Man - £15!!!

Rachet and Clank - £15!!

The last two are second hand but i don't mind at that price!!

haha making good use with tht 20% eh? ;)

ive bought SSBB + freeloader - £50 but £12 credit note

Army of Two - £27

Sega Superstars Tennis - £26

King Kong - £8

hinn888 wrote:

King Kong - £8

£8 for 1000 points eh? ;)

hinn888 wrote:

haha making good use with tht 20% eh? ;)

Oh yeah!! well i quit JS 2 weeks ago and was told i could keep the discount card till my official leaving date so i did!! and treated myself to the PS3 when tesco paid me a week early!! have to wait 12 months for my tesco discount!

Yeah I tend to always buy them from Play-Asia so that I know they're the real deal. eBay are full of fakes, as is dealextreme.com. They are available on Amazon, but the marketplace sellers sell fake ones, also. I've never seen them on the high street anywhere. If you can, go with Play-Asia as the prices are good and you know they're genuine. :)

I always have a spare set lying around as I've applied screen protectors to what must be around twelve systems now.

Got Burnout Paradise for the 360 a couple of weeks ago, brand new, for a nice low price of 20$. (It kind of pays to have friends who work at EA! lol). Also got Smarty Pants for the Wii. Very fun quiz game, although a bit flawed.

Also, I bought the 360 game TMNT last week for 9$ brand new.

Even if the game is one of the shortest game I've played in my life, it is still an enjoyable beat'em up/platform game, and it gives Achievement points like there's no tomorow. Easiest achievements EVER.

The game takes about 5 hours to complete, and you'll get about 800 to 900 points just by playing through the end.

Well worth the 9 bucks I paid, but I feel the pain of those who have paid more for this.

my housemate's got it (on ps2) and i keep meaning to nab it off him. Looks a laugh and a bit of a childhood reminder if nothing else

not imported anything for a while - so got some ds games today:

nanostray 2 - so far so boring :( not played much so hope it gets better.

space invaders extreme - flipping crazy and great fun so far - all in english too - bonus.

bangai-o ds - makes space invaders extreme look like the most sane game ever - japanese text all over the shop, training missions taking about 85 attempts each to finish - high levels of confusion. i don't remember the old one being so confusing. still, using a bat to smash loads of enemy rockets back at them and smacking around footballs for no apparent reason is still fun despite it not helping me finish any missions!

spatular wrote:

nanostray 2 - so far so boring :( not played much so hope it gets better.

:ohmy:

Let us know if it gets better.

spatular wrote:

bangai-o ds - makes space invaders extreme look like the most sane game ever - japanese text all over the shop, training missions taking about 85 attempts each to finish - high levels of confusion. i don't remember the old one being so confusing. still, using a bat to smash loads of enemy rockets back at them and smacking around footballs for no apparent reason is still fun despite it not helping me finish any missions!

I'm really tempted by this but I never really got the original. It was hyper and hard, and it was pretty funny, but t never clicked and made me enjoy it