retroed

Post your latest gaming purchases

@mfnick I've only played a bit of Sonic the Hedgehog with the new pad, but it is excellent. Very well made, and feels great, like all of 8BitDo's controllers.

Am I mistaken or have Amazon jacked up the prices of new games? A bunch standard editions of new releases are now either £49.99 or even £54.99. 

I know £50 is RRP but until recently new games were still £40? Or am I losing it?

Someone describing their 5 year old niece as a fucking scrub might be the best thing I read on the internet this week.😂😂

I bought Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam Bros on 3DS off Amazon because it was £12.99 and I’m now back to owning every game in that series (I don’t have the Bowser’s Inside Story remake but I have the original DS version) 

@mfnickThe last two mainline Zelda games (Skyward Sword and BoTW) both left me cold and I've been a fan of the series since the first game. To the extent that I traded them in unfinished. Your mileage may vary.

Ok, I'm pretty good at these video game things I reckon. Let me give you a pro strat for BOTW.

Just wander around the place. Climb mountains, look out at views. Try and figure out what's behind that cliff-face. Don't worry about what loot you pick up and your weapons breaking or whatever. BOTW is just a beautiful game about the simple idea about wandering around and exploring and getting lost and enjoying being lost.

Just now, one-armed dwarf said:

Ok, I'm pretty good at these video game things I reckon. Let me give you a pro strat for BOTW.

Just wander around the place. Climb mountains, look out at views. Try and figure out what's behind that cliff-face. Don't worry about what loot you pick up and your weapons breaking or whatever. BOTW is just a beautiful game about the simple idea about wandering around and exploring and getting lost and enjoying being lost.

Don't forget gyro-based puzzles... 🙄