retroed

Post your latest gaming purchases

illdog wrote:

Hori Pad for Street Fighter awesomeness (waits for high 5 from TGK) and Naruto for general awesomeness.

I don't see how that Hori pad is really any different from the official 360 pad (except I guess the d-pad is probably good). Surely the Hori stick is the way to go?

just wondering, why is tht pad better for fighting games? on 360 i do find fightin games hard to do moves than on a playstation.

hinn888 wrote:

just wondering, why is tht pad better for fighting games? on 360 i do find fightin games hard to do moves than on a playstation.

Probably because of the D-Pad. Whilst I like the 360 pad, the D-pad is probably the worst one ever created. It's too hard to use properly and just feels wrong.

illdog wrote:

hORInARUTO.jpg

Hori Pad for Street Fighter awesomeness (waits for high 5 from TGK) and Naruto for general awesomeness.

It's missing 2 face buttons to be a proper Street Fighter worthy pad. And I keep meaning to pick up Naruto

It is indeed the D-Pad that makes it better, its more SNES like and actually recognises the direction your trying to input instead of guessing it was a diagonal in whatever direction.

I really want Zack & Wiki, but I have 3 new and unplayed Wii games just sitting on my shelf.

This arrived from movietyme this morning! It has a nice manual.

poflaytonbk9.jpg

High five! Yeah, mine arrived too.

I can't wait to get get stuck in, get stuck and then consult Gamefaqs. Yeah!

hi im new hwere just wanted to say high . my xbox 360 tag is the same as my name here and and ill come back to you on my wii frinds code.... as for latest games i got a bit greedy and got mass effect, eternal sonarta , the orange box strangle hold and tomb raider on the will all at once im work through have done strangle hold ( not bad) and am working through orange box ( very nice ) i have justed orderd a crimson and black ds lite and im wating for it to turn up off play asis ....

harrystrill wrote:

hi im new hwere just wanted to say high . my xbox 360 tag is the same as my name here and and ill come back to you on my wii frinds code.... as for latest games i got a bit greedy and got mass effect, eternal sonarta , the orange box strangle hold and tomb raider on the will all at once im work through have done strangle hold ( not bad) and am working through orange box ( very nice ) i have justed orderd a crimson and black ds lite and im wating for it to turn up off play asis ....

Welcome to the site man.

Welcome to the site, harrystrill. Those DS Lite's are nice, I quite like the new cobalt blue & black ones.

Since I've been away for quite some time, I can't list the stuff I bought since then. It would take pages.

But I finally got my Wii for christmas. Yay!

Anyway, recently, I got :

Wii :

- Mario Galaxy

- Endless Ocean

- Mercury Meltdown Revolution

360 :

- Orange Box

- Earth Defence Force 2017 (underrated gem IMO)

- Dead or Alive 4

- NHL 08

I'm currently waiting for my copy of Burnout Paradise for the 360 and Smarty Pants for the Wii. (Having a friend being a top designer at EA kind of helps in getting EA games for only a fraction of the in-store prices... hehe...) So I don't mind waiting a bit... :)

I'm very tempted by Earth Defence Force, I hear it's cheap and nasty but massive fun. I should be able to find it cheap as chips by now.

i think its pretty fun but it gets bloody hard lol, u shud see it for bout £15 nowdays

Hendo wrote:

I'm very tempted by Earth Defence Force, I hear it's cheap and nasty but massive fun. I should be able to find it cheap as chips by now.

That game is the closest thing you could find in game form that gives you the feeling of what those marines in Starship trooper experienced on the battlefield.

Graphics aren't the best, but the draw distance is just INCREDIBLE, and seeing about 300 giant ants coming your way on screen is truly something that pump your adrenaline right.

The gameplay is downright 16-bits. And I mean this in a good way.

That game is so full of brainless carnage fun, you can't pass this one up. Especially since it's so cheap now.

Latest purchases include:

* Sennheiser CX300 in-ear earphones. Mainly for when I (hopefully) get an iPod, one of the new 8GB Nano's in black, but they sound lovely with my PSP. I got them for £15 + P&P, genuine ones (eBay & amazon marketplace is mostly full of fakes)

* Hotel Dusk (US) (DS) - Yes I got this on its US release, completed it, and loved every minute. It was my DS GOTY. I sold it a few months back but miss it. Even though I probably won't play it again any time soon, it has to be in my collection. What is wrong with me? £12 delivered (used).

* Phoenix Wright: Trials & Tribulations (US) (DS) - I finally got round to ordering my own copy of this gem of a game, it shipped this morning from Play-Asia. £14.50 delivered.

And of course, Apollo Justice and Patapon are both on preorder @ movietyme. :)