Sign in to follow this  
retroed

Post your latest gaming purchases

Surprised there isn't a thread like this already, to go with the Retro one. Anyways, i guess I'll get the ball rolling.

I just bought an all-black JPN Game Boy Micro! I already have a Famicom Edition which has been my portable console of choice for so long due to its size and the M3 Perfect Lite I have with all my owned games on, it's just excellent in every possible way, but I've have always fancied a black one for ultimate sleekness.

They're different to the US ones in that the US ones were either black face with silver body or vice versa, not all black. I think Chinzon has a US one? I got it on eBay new for £32.99+shipping and free AC adaptor. I can't wait for it to turn up! A pic from the ad:

black_font.jpg

Other than that, it's been 360 bargains that I've been getting hold of. A couple cheapies like King Kong and Fuzion Frenzy 2 which whill be sold on when finished with, Tomb Raider Legend and a few more.

So, what gubbins have my fellow forumites bought recently? Pics are always nice, too. :)

I really like the GB Micro, so far i only have the one mine is in silver, my other half got it for me for christmas a couple of years ago, have been looking for a second but dont see them on the high street unless second hand anymore!! plus the games well the decent games are hard to find!

Or my high street is crap!!

Really like that black one, might have a search on ebay!!

The eBay seller I used still has some left, and gets them in quite often I think. He also has Famicom Ed., Blue, and Pink ones.

And yeah, the good GBA games are very hard to find! I tend to use eBay, but I only get EUR/PAL releases, as all the US ones on eBay tend to be fakes. I also use other forums like ntsc-uk and rllmuk. :)

Yep cheers Ed, ive seen his site, got my eyes on a black one and the famicom one too!! get paid jan 4th so thats mine hopefully!!

resident evil umbrella chronicles was my last purchase that i actually have gotten hold of already, got a few lovely bargains for the 360 on the way, ill try and post som picaroos at some point, maybe one of the whole setup with tv and all that i have the noo

As mentioned on various other threads, I bought Resident Evil : Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii and Virtua Tennis 3 for the 360.

I got given Tony Hawk's Project 8 (360) as a Christmas present, and I bought Assassin's Creed (360) due to being harassed into it, but I'm glad I did.

I got two great things coming for the lovely DS, and after they arrive I can finally update my collection thread. Come on postie!

The last game I bought myself was Phoenix Wright: Justice For All. Everywhere I saw it was selling it for £29.99 - £34.99, but I happened upon a copy in WHSmith, brand new and sealed for £12.99. Bargain I thought :)

vivays5.jpg

Hori Fighting Stick EX2 - £19.98 (Gamestation)

Viva Pinata - £9.99 (Argos)

Hayate no Gotoku! [Limited Edition]

HayatenoGotoku.jpg

Thats a CD single and a little picture book.

Pinky Street Kira Kira * Music Night [Pinky Figure Limited Edition]

MusicNight1.jpg

MusicNight2.jpg

WIN!

GAME have come up trumps yet again.

I ordered Mario & Sonic yesterday and it arrived today!

Cost me 40 quid, but I just got paid so never mind.

I went to ASDA and they had neither NiGHTS, Geometry Wars (DS and Wii versions) nor Zack & Wiki.

RetroEd wrote:

They're different to the US ones in that the US ones were either black face with silver body or vice versa, not all black. I think Chinzon has a US one? I got it on eBay new for £32.99+shipping and free AC adaptor.

Correct, my US one is black body with silver face, been trying to source me a (decent) black faceplate for ages.

Bargainous though, Ed!

Had a pop into GAME with a few bits and pieces to trade in.

With the refund from them I got Flatout Ultimate Carnage for the 360 and NiGHTS for the Wii and then Ghost Squad which cost me 30 quid, so that wasn't too bad.

And yes, Cheggers is now off my shelf.

Advance Wars and Paradise arrived this morning. :)

dsc00423ig3.jpg

and a couple old EDGE specials turned up a couple days ago.

*The 100 most significant reviews from the first 100 issues (2001)

*Retro: The guide to collecting videogames and hardware (2003)

dsc00422vn5.jpg

hORInARUTO.jpg

Hori Pad for Street Fighter awesomeness (waits for high 5 from TGK) and Naruto for general awesomeness.