passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Burnout Paradise

Hendo

Closing in on the elite license. Got 9 cars left to unlock, then finding the remaining jumps, billboards and smashes.

Then it’s time to move onto the island.

I might make an effort to get some good road times, @Nag currently rules a lot of them.

Running low on things to do in the single player now.

Finished the elite license, got all the super jumps. Got a handful of the smashes and billboards to get so that’s gonna get tricky.

I made a start in the island and I’d forgotten how they handle races, which is quite cool.

They play like the online ones where they give you check points around the map to follow. It also does the same things for Marked Man events too. 

One race in particular is pretty good where you go right out of the island, back onto the main map for a bit and then back into the island to finish.

I’ll probably start playing the online challenges soon if anyone wants a bash.

Completed the bike license.

I’d forgotten that bikes don’t get boost and not even a second into starting off I remembered why they don’t. Unbelievably fast.

Also, I’d forgotten that (sensibly) they put far less cars on the road with you. Much like when you play online which I did earlier for the first time.

It’s a shame that there’s such a separation between bikes and cars but even weirder is that I went online with a bike and entered a bike lobby and then that ended after a while and then I quick matched again and it put me in a car lobby.

I guess no-one was playing bikes?

On 26/03/2018 at 3:09 PM, Nag said:

whenever I set up a free roam room no-one ever joins even though it's open...

I just had this exact same experience.

Any time i’ve joined someone else, I’ve had no problem getting into busy lobbies.

I just joined someone who after 5 minutes kicked me for whatever reason (I didn’t actually do anything).

I left it a few minutes and tried again and got in the same lobby. Got kicked again.

So I made my own one and after 30 minutes not one person turned up.

I think I have one or two main trophies to get, pretty much the showtime ones.

I did a bit of googling about it and the general consensus is that the online is a bit borked until they patch it, friend invites should work though.

I’ve had the game blue screen crash on me a few times and there’s meant to be a fix for that on the way.

I’m down to like 2 smashes and billboards in all of the areas. It’s getting ridiculous trying to find them now.

Opened my game up, still expecting it to not happen. Some dude wandered in and we went through all 50 two player challenges. 

The odd other person came in but after a while I just restricted it to us two and got them all down.

Double barrel rolls are a bastard.

• 1 year later...

1st of August the servers get turned off for all formats of the original release. Remastered version not affected.

Anyone who wants to pick up the PS4 remaster in a sale, I’m more than happy to pop back in and do some challenges.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, therealjaxon said:

Just bought this ? Simply Games have it for £9.85 on disc

Used to love Burnout, real shame they canned the series ?

You are aware of spiritual successor Dangerous Driving from the ex-Criterion staff at Three Fields?

On 1 June 2019 at 17:00, therealjaxon said:

Nope ? download only? 

There are (limited) physical editions available online, but yes it's on the Epic Store and I did see it listed on GOG pre-orders.

16 hours ago, merman1974 said:

There are (limited) physical editions available online, but yes it's on the Epic Store and I did see it listed on GOG pre-orders.

Looks good, just like Burnout ?

They made Dangerous Golf as well which was pretty good ?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back playing the 360 version due to server closure, got all the online stuff done apart from the 250 challenges but that will come, im sat on 179 and i have the 3 and 4 player  challenges left.

In the meantime I'm trying to get my Elite licence and i'm not enjoying it! My biggest beef with Burnout Paradise has always been the low camera, it limits your vision enough to cause accidents on a more regular basis at high speeds. I seem to takedown on everything, i wish the game was a little more lenient in that department. I know lack of fast travel is this games quirk but it's fucking annoying. And finally, navigation. Which way do i go?  *eyes stray briefly to mini map* DEAD.

I've put in 50 hours plus though, i'm not quiting now but fuck me there are a lot of events to get that Elite licence.

I wish I liked any of the Burnout Open world games. People always talk highly of them but I just can’t figure it out. I know it defeats the purpose but if an open world Racing game doesn’t lock down the tracks in races like Forza Horizon then I’m out. I will always go the wrong way and mess up trying to figure out the map if it is still open in the races, for a lot of the reasons named above. 

The remastered version is on sale for £5 on Xbox and even though I thought about it I just know I won’t enjoy it from when I played it before.