passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Ridge Racer DS

Hendo

Thanks to Ed I got this in mint condition for £15!

To be honest I wouldn't pay the full £30 for it, mainly as it was pretty much a launch game for the DS, and I always think game prices should come down in time.

Well, I've won a few tournaments now and unlocked some cars and am pleasantly surprised! I seem to remember this getting a kicking when it was released - the PSP version being awesome probably didn't help.

The screenshots don't do the game justice as it runs really really smooth. It does look like the N64 version pretty much.

I've only tried the "normal" control method - quite frankly the idea of controlling this with the stylus sounds abysmal.

The Stylus control is rock, but i think given time it could become second nature. I loved this game and i didnt stop playing unil the last two tracks which are rock hard. And if you dont, I will....

RIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAAAACERRRRRRR!!!!

Yeah it ok in single player but having to win each race gets a bit annoying im only about half way through but like a good racing game should its brilliant in multiplayer and with single card transfer it is a bargin at that price i bought the US version from Gamestation mint for like 13 quid which was a great deal and it comes out whenever lavamonkey is round.

• 5 weeks later...

Hmm, I bought this game for $10 Canadian and just beat it about 2 weeks ago. Its nothing like the PSP one, and the graphics are pretty bad. Over all, it can't compair with PSP ridge racer. And they should of added some for cars, and ect. What you see in racing games today.

• 1 month later...

A friend of mine gave it to me as a birthday gift.

I played a lot with it, and it is indeed a nice game. Fluid, smooth and eminently playable (not using the stylus).

But then I got Asphalt Urban GT and I stopped playing Ridge Racer entirely.