passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

How much money have you spent on gaming this year?

Phooey

I don't know why I did it, but I started adding up what I'd spent this year on gaming & it comes to a ridiculous figure of approx fifteen hundred quid (not including my new telly). :whistle: :S Which seems absolutely horrific, but then I thought that I don't spend money on holidays or drinking/smoking or going out & therefore fifteen hundred quid was quite reasonable. :P There has to be someone here who's spent more than me...please?

And I'm determined, DETERMINED, to be a big cheapy gamer next year & buy games when they're at least sub £20. Chances of this happening = zero :laugh:

I dont think i've got anywhere near your spending Phoo, in fact I reckon I spent less this year than I did last. Not sure why, maybe because there was less around to buy on the DS and I cant afford full console versions at the same rate, also I picked up a lot of the ps2 games id missed out on last year. I seem to have just had less money than usual too.

That said the majority of my completed games list was bought this year, and includes most of what I bought (bar Zelda TP, Metal Slug [need to do 3 then add it] Dragonball Z, Dragon Quest) and it's pretty decent considering theres still a month and some good games to go.

I've got better at buying stuff cheap too (thanks Ed :) ), I cant remember the last time i spent more than £30 on a game, probably Karous on the DC. And thanks to Hendo's campaigning I've traded and sold a few things this year.

I'm actually kind of hoping this trend is going to continue :)

I wouldn't like to even start adding up.

Even not counting the TV or 360 I must've spent an ungodly amount of cash.

Mind you, bar the Cube collection, there's been not much that hasn't been up for the chop. Shame you can't trade in digital games but that's the price you pay for being a lazy twat.

I've probably spent around £600 this year, but 300 of that was on a 360

I've "spent" about £170 in the past month but that was trade ins of ds games against full price 360 games so i dunno if that counts as I wouldn't buy full price games anyway (cept halo 3)

Including the week between Christmas and New Years: A Wii, 11 Wii Games(including Wii Play+Wiimote), 5 Wii Points Card 26 GC games(used), 1 Nunchuck, 1 Wii Classic Controler, 5 GC controlers(4 used and 1 new from game) and 1 GC Memory Card;

Several DS and GBA games(including R4DS);

5 Sega Saturn Games;

a few PS2 games;

World of Warcraft + 3 months;

I'd rather not do the math or it'll depress me even more :P

I've been fairly calm this year with buying games I've probably only spent 2-300 quid this year but then I probably don't count as I am one of the few who haven't bought another system this year just 25-30 odd DS games and a few PC games.

this year ive bought a 360 and a wii, and bought dozens and dozens and dozens of games for wii, 360, GC (one or two) and especially ds. ive bought peripherals, controllers, wifi adaptors etc. ill have bought even more games and extras like xbl memberships before the year is out. id say ive so far spent £1000, give or take. if were counting tellies and stuff, that could double!

I've done a rough calculation on my various gaming outlays for 2007, although I can't remember what DS games which were bought this year or last. 360 Elite, Play n Charge kit, 12 games, 3mth Gold sub comes to £450. Wii games and wii points comes to around £275, maybe slightly more. PS2 Slimline to replace the Phat, £49. PSP Slim & Lite to replace Phat, plus accessories and a couple games - £175. DS games, I honestly have no idea, I've sold a lot, but bought a lot also. I'm gonna guess 30 games, but it's probably more. Averaging £18 each probably £540. Yowsers, I hope I estimated a bit high! Plus some DS Lite accessories. Then there's a few GBA games that I've bought, I'll say £100.

Total - £1589. This could be totally inaccurate. It could be more or it could be less. I have sold some games, and the PSP slim was almost paid for by selling my old PSP. I'm not including the TV, but if I was, add £400 to the total.

So it's been all about the Wii, 360, DS & PSP this year. A nice combination I must say.

In my defence though I'm getting rid of my Japanese 360 in the next couple of days, and I'll probably sell my Japanese and PAL PS2's so's I can get one of the new Japanese Slim(mer) model.

Managed to get my JPN Wii fairly cheap, so I'm happy enough. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Fuck, i hate to think how much i spent. Including ebay purchases for retrotainment, virtual purchases and the likes - i rekon i spent about a ton on games per month...the there's the 360 in April...

Yea, i rekon £1500 shouldnt be far off. And thats a bit of a cheaper year i rekon, i think in 2006 i spent well over £2000 on gaming shit.