passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Guitar Hero III (all formats)

Hendo

Nope. :laugh:

I've "registered my interest" in it, or something, so hopefully they'll get it sorted soon.

The only time I really notice the sound being bad is when you do the special move - the sound is terrible for the reverb-type effect.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TyranT wrote:

fecking quality game so it is, me and the missus have not put it down since buying it lol.

What version have you got?

I cant seem to get any where on hard mode :( It's not that it's too fast or anything like that, I just cant get used to the button layout. I think I need to do some Ouendan style "Play constantly until you get it done" style gaming. And I need to finish Ouendan at some point too :lol:

Hendo wrote:

I started on Hard mode, but I lent a mate my guitar over Christmas so he could do a little bit of multi.

TyranT has the Wii version, his codes up in the list. There's 3 of us in there now. *glows with pride*

I really need to get my friend code up and play with you guys.

Guest TyranT

add me and play me!

i love battling online lol.

my wii code has changed because i got a replacement wii cos mine did not work properly since launch day.

will send the updated code when i can be arsed looking at it lol.

• 2 weeks later...

After having praised this in the upcoming podcast, and rightly so, I enjoyed what ive played so far a lot, I need to re evaluate my love for it.

I think that the difficulty levels need to be looked at again. There are some parts in the game where easy is just too easy on it, medium seems to get it right apart from one or two songs, the battle with lou at the end, I just cant do (I seriously struggled against tom morello too, although hammered Slash...). Im doubting very much that I will play the hard mode, as there are one or two songs that I can just about manage, and theres only so many times you can fail before you want to smash up that fucking guitar.

This now means that there are pretty much two of the four modes that im never going to play, I suppose this is a similar problem in a lot of games though, but seeing as how guitar hero is relatively short(although mega fun for what you play through) I think this is a bit of a problem and I really think that the next instalment needs to have something extra to it. Im quite glad that ive only just come into the series on number 3 because from what ive read it doesnt seem to have changed much over the course of the series, and 70 odd quid seems steep even for the massive, but brief enjoyment that the game provides.

I think the second one was the best but this does have a brilliant songlist.

The difficulty spikes in this one are too over the place for my liking, but unlike most people I don't have a big problem with the boss battles.

My main gripe with the boss battles is that they arent particularly fun to play, and when you win (IF you win) you dont feel like youve particularly pulled off a great coupe. Id like to see more of a variation in the game modes, I know that you can play the bass parts in co-op but maybe more of a cross over in the single player mode, perhaps some kind of challenge where you have to step in for a bass player or something.

The Wii, now famous for shit mini games was particularly coy in that area where i thought that the first appearance of the game on Wii could have been more of a stand out affair rather than the usual, below par attempt to keep up with the other consoles, minus some songs and downloadable content/decent multiplayer.

With the tendancy now creeping to casual gamers, i thought this might have been a bit better, and (as im sure is massively apparent) I find myself being overly critical of one of the better Wii games to date.

True, but from what I've played all you're missing from the bigger versions is the downloadable stuff and glossier graphics, the rest of the game is exactly the same.

In that way, the Wii version keeps up pretty well, but the sound being in mono is particularly embarrassing.

Yeah, i suppose that the downloaded stuff is promised for a little bit later, its just a shame that its the kind of game where new songs in the form of DC are a pretty big thing, if you get 20 songs from downloads then it gives the game a lot more life.

guitar hero is so much more fun when you get your head round hard mode, it's like a whole new game or something, and that's a problem made worse for people starting with 3 as it's much harder (well the note charts are much harder but there's a bigger window for hitting each note so it's not as much harder as the note charts make it look), in the first game the progression to hard was well done (shame hammer-ons and pull-offs are rediculously hard in the first game) and for the second game it was a bigger step up from medium to hard but not as bad as in gh3 which makes it harder to master errr hard mode, so err yeah, gh2 is the best. and yeah the boss battles suck.

guess what i'm saying is if you put the time in you'll probably master hard mode and see what a truly brilliant game it is (well 2 is a truly brilliant game, 3 - unclear), bit like ouendan maybe?

TopGunKnacker wrote:

the 360 DLC for GH3 is absolute shuddering gash anyway so far

the halo theme rules.

also a good way to get better at it without getting too annoyed is to go back to songs you've already finished and try to 5 star them instead of only playing the song your stuck on which can get really annoying.

rock on.

• 3 weeks later...

Going through this on Hard at the moment.

Im on the last tier of songs and things are getting tricky, but my point of posting is the sense of satisfaction after finally nailing a song that been kicking your ass.

I was stuggling Eric Johnson's - Cliffs of Dover, its a real plucker with little solo's all over the place and i failed a few times over. But, after practing it on slow a few times, i was confident enough to wail on the song proper.

Its wierd, somewhere through the song, the (hammer/pull) ons and (hammer/pull) off's just started to click and I spanked cheek. Great song too, but my point is i was chuffed as a dogs bollock and face the other songs without fear now.

Still, im a mile away from expert tho. And the Halo theme rules all! [/rock]

illdog wrote:

my point is i was chuffed as a dogs bollock and face the other songs without fear now

Yea, im a cunt. Riegn in Blood and One are such a massive step up it currently seems both ridiculous and impossible. In fact i had a proper paddy earlier. Altho I did do Number of the Beast tho, it really hurt my fingers.

I really like playing One, but the battle against lou is just made specifically to make you angry, theres no happiness to be gained.

I kind of wish id not spent the money on guitar hero now, because i got it on the Wii, i dont really want to play it any more, its good for if friends are round i guess, but now im just waiting for the next version to come out. The thing is, if nothing is going to be changed between versions, like last time, then im happy with just feeding off the downloadable content and they might as well just keep a steady stream of that coming through.