passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Super Mario Galaxy

Hendo

Yeah I got what you meant, wiivster.

There's very little that can be as big a leap as from 2D to 3D and I think that's why people were disappointed with Sunshine. I know I enjoyed it, but I wasn't expecting it to be mind-blowing, and in all honesty I wasn't expecting that from Galaxy.

What we do have here is surely the most refined 3D platformer yet.

Oh and how fucking cool is the cold/hot level?!

Very fucking cool! I don't think I've ever played a game that mixes the two together, you just get the standard cold and standard hot.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hendo wrote:

I feel really sorry for Phoo. :(

'Tis a sod I tell ye. :( I really am having to take it slow & I'm only on 15 stars, but that Surfing 101 level was the worst. I wonder out of the 100 Gazillion Wii owners, how many will buy & enjoy this game. Do you think it'll appeal to everyone?

Phooey wrote:

Hendo wrote:

I feel really sorry for Phoo. :(

'Tis a sod I tell ye. :( I really am having to take it slow & I'm only on 15 stars, but that Surfing 101 level was the worst. I wonder out of the 100 Gazillion Wii owners, how many will buy & enjoy this game. Do you think it'll appeal to everyone?

It sold 500k in one week in the US.

This game will sell tons I'm guessing.

I really like how this game uses the Wii Message Board. T'is great.

I know that this is probably getting boring, but I played a couple hours more hours last night & boy did I pay this morning. Dizzy spells ahoy! It's a pretty classic game though with lots of very inventive & fun gameplay moments & so far I can't think of anything wrong with the game, except for the motion sickness, which is my fault. :( Just from what I've played I can see how it's getting such good reviews & SMG is now the benchmark to which all platform games will be compared to.

I've just finished this, with 68 stars. I still have a whole galaxy to do that opened up just before I fought Bowser for the final time, along with all the stars I have missed. I have read all of the Storybook now as well, almost brings a tear to the eye! Fantastic game, I have absolutely nothing negative to say about Mario Galaxy. Without doubt my game of the year, and easily in my top ten of all-time.

Slight spoiler for those who haven't finished: |I have a red star now, and done the first 100 purple coin challenge in Gate galaxy. Flying is fun!|

I think I'm at the point where I could go ahead and finish this now but I just can't face it! Just opened up another galaxy and I'm really taking my time over it all, although I'm desperate to see what's next!

This is possibly the most fun I have ever had playing a game, everything just comes together perfectly to form one of the most complete and polished games ever.

I love it and am going to start it from scratch as soon as I finish it :D

I can't say that I have ever felt like that about any game other than Mario 64...

edit: thought this was interesting

Thank God for World of Warcraft otherwise I'd have completed this game already.

I already beat Bowser and am now in the process of getting all the stars(cant wait until I get to play as Luigi).

The only thing I didnt like until now was the flying. Hope Nights has a better control than Mario has :P

I have 61 stars now and I could go an fight Bowser but im going to bugger about for a bit me thinks. If I didnt have so many games to get on with i'd be more gutted im about to finish this, but I want to get Prime done before I FINALLY start Super Paper Mario.

But these things shouldnt be rushed. What a game.

RetroEd wrote:

What a game indeed. And what an ad! IMAX in London.

smgxg7.png

I'm pretty sure there's one of those giant ads in George Square in Glasgow too, I'm guessing where they always seem to have giant Audi ads.

I just skipped through this thread... (incase of spoilers)

I've decided not to get Galaxy till I've finished some games, I still haven't done MP3 I've just not had the time to sit and play lately :( (though I nearly took warioware into swap this morning)

Glad to read you guys are loving the Mario action. That makes me more positive that this is possibly the best Mario game yet!

Whats the co-op mode like, I watched the interview vids on ninty's site and it seem to be fun, or very good for beginners, you can help them, I also like the fact that they've added placed you can't get too without having to people playing. I love secret bits :)

Can you re-visit levels/galaxies after you've finished them?

I havent tried the two player mode yet but it seems a bit naff where one player just points at the screen... i hope theres no stars you need two people for to get!

The layout is pretty much Mario 64, you can re-do the stars in each level, which might alter the terrain depending on whats happening for that particular star.

All in all this game is brilliant, i wasnt overly impressed by it at first but im about 25 stars into it now and im hooked!

Shin_Seffron wrote:

I havent tried the two player mode yet but it seems a bit naff where one player just points at the screen... i hope theres no stars you need two people for to get!

I think they put the 2player co-op in for beginners. So nOOb gamers (young and old) can be helped or pointed in the right direction. I thought it was pretty neat idea, you can catch mario if he falls off and hold baddies for him to jump on.

There are definitely some areas you can't get too without a 2nd player...

Check this http://uk.wii.com/software/interviews/mari...vol2/page5.html

quite funny/interesting reading...

i didnt come across any 2-player only areas in my 120 star ransacking of galaxy. if you both click on mario at the same time he does an extra big jump but nothing you couldnt do on your own with a bit of a run up or a wall jump or somet, so i cant think of how the 2nd player could help you get anywhere you cant on your own.