passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Saw

illdog

Halloween must be greeted with a scary flick at the piccies. Or less scary, just gruesome.

I've quite liked all the Saw films so far, the fourth gives a nice bit of background story on John whilst his legacy continues....

I didnt look at the time once which is always a good sign, dont want to say too much about it so as not to ruin plot details but i'd be interested in anyone elses opinion but I say go see Saw. 4.

If I were you I wouldnt bother with the 3rd one, the moral issues are thrown out of the window and replaced with returning characters.

I've not seen the second one, and have been advised not to bother because the twist is ruined by the 3rd. Cant see me bothering with this unless it's on when im in the room, the first was an awful film (cheaply made, poorly acted - but watchable) with some good ideas, shame the balance has shifted in the opposite direction (having not seent he 4th obviously)

If we're talking halloween films, I've just watched Ju-On with some peeps who hadnt seen it before. That is how to do horror :)

• 4 months later...

As I've only seen the first two films, I picked up the Saw Quadrilogy today. Comes with a rather funky, yet unsettling Jigsaw doll inside the box.

I have nothing to do on Friday but attempt to stay awake all day. I shall pile through them all. :)

• 7 months later...
Do you have buses on the Island?

Yes, more than one but i dont catch buses. They also have that terrible advertising campaign on them. Also on the side of the local sheep.

there's probably just one that drives in a permanent circle

The Isle of Wight is actually a diamond shape, thankyou, come again.

it just fucks me off that it is such a rip off of se7en. However Seven was a fantastic film, a modern classic if you will. Where as the saw franchise the idea is a fucked up trap laying serial killer and just shows everything.

I know thats the point, but i don't want to watch films where the scary comes from a gag reflex and a cringe at the screen, i'd rather something get in my brain and fuck with it. Something that seven did and still does very well.

On the whole Horror films coming out of Hollywood are all shit now. I can't think of the last good one. The only thing that springs to mind is the mist, but i'm not sure that counts.

I dont think it will ever end - isnt the main guy dead now (in the film) - I predict saw 6 for Halloween 2009

Saw 6 was announced at the same time as 5 you anti-saw fool :P

Whatever - I meant saw 7 for Halloween 2010 :angry: honest