passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Hendo Revolution continues...

illdog

A CEX opened in Plymouth recently, and I notice Gamestation won't be beaten on trade-ins!. How I chuckled when I went in with four games and a print out of the CEX website basket with the games in, and walked out with a fat credit note.

I got £96 trade in for GH3 with Guitar (360), Lego Star Wars Complete Saga (360), GRID (DS), and American Sk8land (DS).

I just took a print off of the CEX online basket, and that sufficed. They added a quid to each game, too. :D

3304plc.jpg

I'll be putting that towards a couple games in the run up to Christmas, no doubt. I traded American Sk8land as I had two copies, keeping the NTSC one. ;)

thats such a good idea, i'm going to do that with some of my stuff i reckon

.:EDIT:. Just been having a look at other stuff i can trade in as well. I'm getting a new phone next week (hopefully an iphone if o2 can meet me half way on the traiff) so if i trade in my n73 and also my 16gb ipod touch and a few old ps2 and ds games, i would get over £300 quid.

Playstation 3 & Little Big Planet here i come :D

I think I'm finally going to be joining the revolution, I've put it off for sooo long but I could do the same and have a PS3 pretty soon (mainly for blu-ray!!), awesome... viva la revolution!

Got a ton of stuff to sell, CEX will pay almost £50 for my old phone, nice!

Anyone want a mint NES action set?!?! Seems sad to put it on ebay...

I've just been through my games list on IGN and got some definites to trade for credit.

Marvel VS Capcom 2 (PS2) - £18 !

Ultimate Ghosts 'n' Goblins (PSP) - £7

Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC) - £13

Metroid Prime (GC) - £6

Metroid Prime 2 (GC) - £7

Wave Race (GC) - £3

TOTAL = £54

And once I've got the most out of them, these 360 titles:

Pure - £28

Call of Duty 3 Gold - £8

Fight Night Round 3 - £10

Race Driver: GRID - £26 (maybe, the price is tempting)

TOTAL = £72

same as the one in Brum. You have to be careful though as a lot of the stuff is stolen, they don't bother checking anything (in terms of if its nicked of not) before they buy it.

Last year my old school had over £100 worth of RAM knicked by some scrote who was trading it in at CEX, he managed to get enough for an xbox.

I wish I had a CEX. Stirling has a GAME and Gamestation. Gamestation probably don't ever have to beat any trade-ins as they'll all be the same as GAME.

We do have a Cash Converters though. Do they do store credit and will Gamestation beat them if they actually do half decent trades at CC?

Current list to go in at the weekend looks like this, currently:

Mass Effect (360) - £10

Perfect Dark Zero LTD (360) - £4

Super Smash Bros. (GCN) - £13

Metroid Prime (GCN) - £6

Metroid Prime 2 (GCN) - £7

Marvel VS Capcom 2 (PS2) - £18

Ultimate G'n'G (PSP) - £7

TOTAL = £65 credit.

£161 altogether, counting the £96 credit note I still have. :)

trouble with ebay is its so hit and miss. Sometimes you get an item that runs and you get more for it, other times so twat comes in last second with a 99p bid and gets it. I know you can set reserves but as a ebay buyer i generally never bid for stuff that has a reserve mainly because i can't swoop in at the last second and snatch a bargain.

I'm fed up with eBay. By the time you've paid your listing fee, the final fee, and any Paypal fee's, you're not left with as much as you could be. They're greedy bastards and I've been put off listing my items on there. That and they've gone and changed the whole layout! Saying that, I did sell a few games on there a few weeks ago, but got my eBay listing bill the other day and I owe them over 9 quid.

I don't mind trading in at Gamestation when they match CEX, as they sell new stuff which is handy in the run up to Christmas with all these new releases coming out, so the credit slip is bound to be used sooner rather than later.

I hate ebay for the same reasons Ed, but I'm seriously considering listing a few things on there. One or two are imports so I can't trade, and the other stuff will cost me £3.50 for a bus ticket into town anyway so I might aswell just pay their fees.