passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Hendo Revolution continues...

illdog

Inspired by Hendo's recent trousers down arse out approach, I, most stalwart of horders, traded some fucking games in today.

Im a bit broke at the mo and for the coming months too, so in light of the fact I had a chance to purchase the Ltd Ed of Halo 3 of a mate on the cheap I traded my old copy in at GAME along with TMNT, Mario Strikers, MonkeyBall and Dragonball on Wii for £80.

So with the credit I got Pro Evo 2008 on the 360 and Metroid 3 on Wii. I havent traded a game in since Timesplitters 2 on the Xbox so it was a mamoth mental challenge, but it felt good.

TopGunKnacker wrote:

he has a woman's hand, sire! [/blackadder]

I'll defend it with my life!

Games!!! wrote:

Today I traded in Final Fantasy III DS and Excite Truck and got £30 for the 2.

:ohmy:

I cant condone the trade of Excite Truck. Youve made me doubt my new found confidence!

*runs back and hides in dark corner*

this talk of trading in gaems, though it feels alien to me, may enable me to buy eternal sonata now instead of waiting (impatient me)

goodbye some ds games

but which ones!!!

edit looking at this list here

i could trade in a bunch of my ds games and afford a wii

jebus

i know, but £25 in my pocket compared to £180 on credit card involves much thinking about

and not getting shouted at by my girlfriend as i'm we're saving for a holiday to new york for my 30th is a bonus

illdog wrote:

I, most stalwart of horders, traded some fucking games in today.

Good for you. It does feel rather satisfying, so I lit some fireworks as a celebration. :) The big question though is this a one off or something that'll continue ?

Fireworks.jpg

Phooey wrote:

illdog wrote:
I, most stalwart of horders, traded some fucking games in today.

Good for you. It does feel rather satisfying, so I lit some fireworks as a celebration. :) The big question though is this a one off or something that'll continue ?

Thanks for the fireworks, they scared the dog downstairs tho.

As for is this a one off? Well, yes for now as there's not a lot else I want to part with, but if any other Wii/360 games become dust gatherers on my shelf im now free of inhibition. Hooray!

well i just traded in a bunch of ds and 360 games, got £126 for them, so nearly bouht a wii, but settled for picking up the orange box and eternal sonata instead. Though as an added brucie bonus, the girl serving me scanned in eternal sonata as a trade in game (she was new), so i got the trade in value of that too, ended up getting £146, bonus free £20. I've now got a game gift card with £50 on it waiting for mass effect.

yay for trading games

And yay for n00bz fucking shit up in your favour.

Thats a nice haul for a bunch of shit u aint gonna play anymore. TBH, i could trade in a ton more shiiiyiyeeet but i havent flicked that switch in my head that makes it all alright yet. It seems to be stuck.

A similar thing happened to me a while ago, i got some noob at GAME talking about project hammer because the Wii demo vid was still showing it, so i asked him if there had been news about it being released and in the end result was a free wireless controller Woot! He even waved me passed when the alarm started going off, nice fellow.