Sign in to follow this  
retroed

New TV

@ThreeFour... Yeah, that's the model, finally got it up and running (massive ball ache due to Insane amount of wires I have to try and hide)... I'll try to get a couple of snaps up tomorrow in the decent light.

@DANGERMAN & @Hendo... I've never used game mode on any TV I've owned and never really noticed input lag, then again I don't really play too many twitch shooters or beat em ups. Apparently after a recent firmware update this has a top notch rating for input lag even when HDR is enabled.

Cheers @retroed...:D

That Samsung TV dropped into my price range (>900) so I went for it. John Lewis has a 30 day price match apparently so should cover me if it sneaks lower :D

On 12/25/2016 at 0:26 PM, ThreeFour said:

That Samsung TV dropped into my price range (>900) so I went for it. John Lewis has a 30 day price match apparently so should cover me if it sneaks lower :D

Nice one, is the Pro on its way too? ;)

I checked my *secret stash* and i have 350 so I reckon around March I might get a pro for Mass Effect. That series I loved, so a visually enhanced version gives me a stiffy :wub:

I should also have enough for a 2TB HDD by then ;)

Sexy TV is installed but not had chance to try it out yet. Bloody work n family gatherings :angry:

Dont know about you @Nag but mine barely, just barely, fit on my TV unit. I'd read\heard the feet were at the edges of the TV leading to some complaints. It's so close I've taken to screwing extra bit of wood on the end of the unit incase it moved\knocked :wacko:

Mines hung, it's one of those TV stands that act like it's hung to the wall... but yeah, I've read that the feet are a bit of a mare.

You've got a PS4 haven't you @ThreeFour... let me know if you have to disable any settings on it... I was getting intermittent picture loss with this TV until I disabled the deep colour option on the PS4, now it doesn't happen.:wacko:

I doubt it... I thought it was a HDMI issue to start with but found the solution with Google.

I have a surround sound receiver which everything is connected to and I've got a feeling that's what's causing the problems tbh...

Yeah got PS4 @Nag  I'll keep a look out. I've had picture loss before but that was HDMI issue. Not heard of this TV doing it but I'll know soon I suppose ;) I've heard of motion issues which needs to be disabled in the TV menus to eliminate the problem. 

On 31/12/2016 at 6:42 PM, Nag said:

You've got a PS4 haven't you @ThreeFour... let me know if you have to disable any settings on it... I was getting intermittent picture loss with this TV until I disabled the deep colour option on the PS4, now it doesn't happen.:wacko:

Ok so a good few hours Dooming and no picture loss. It's not a ps4 pro so don't know if anything funny goes on with that. 

@ThreeFour... Good to hear... I've only got a vanilla PS4 too so I've no idea why mine was playing up, like I say though I've a feeling the av receiver is causing complications... that's probably the next thing I'll need to change.

Not a new TV, but something new for my TV.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00F1G9IE2/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

I was thinking about getting a sound bar for a little while now, but space and small child is an issue, so a soundboard seemed more practical. The sound on the TV is OK, but not great and I'd seen this on Amazon for £74 just after Christmas. I'd added it to my basket but put off ordering until the morning, by which time it had sold out and was only only available for £200. It's just come back into stock back into stock at £74 so it's now on its way to me.

I've given my soundbar away . It was a fairly cheap one anyway , way too much high end to it, and I'd always forget to use it , my TV speakers are easily better than it now too 

What I like about this one is it has ARC so it should just work with the telly without needing to be turned on, plus they're both Panasonic so they should play nice together. 

Hi. I posted this over on GTM but I figure it'd get more eyes here

I just got a surprise 500 euro "get well soon" gift from a relative who also had a spinal fusion recently (I mentioned on here I think I just had spinal surgery this week). I'm thinking I'm so laid up now that I might just buy myself a nice TV, 4k HDR. But I'd prefer something that isn't too high end

I wonder if I can field some recommendations here? 500 euro isn't necessarily the maximum budget but I'm not intending on getting something monstrous.

It's just that I dont know a lot about TVs.

I am thinking 50 inch would be a perfect size. I've never had a TV that big anyway so I'm not size queen.