Sign in to follow this  
retroed

New TV

1 hour ago, DANGERMAN said:

can you get your foot out of the way, I can't see the screen

What you can't tell is this is actually a 22 inch screen and Lakitu has the foot the size of a small child. 

13 hours ago, mr lakitu said:

Netflix with a few 4K stuff costs £8.99 a month as opposed to the normal £5.99 a month so I won't be bothering.

Yeah 4k glory level Netflix is £8.99, but the standard HD pack went up to £7.49 back in May (unless you've just got the 'basic' SD pack at £5.99) anyway so you're essentially paying £1.50 more for a lot of 4K content, well worth it in my view, what's an extra £1.50 a month if you've just spent all that wonga on a 4K TV?

Surely you wanna make use of it otherwise what's the point in having a 4K TV when you could've just got a bigger 1080p one for much cheaper...

No idea how you've still got it for £5.99 then, I had a grace period where it remained at the same price too but it went up to £7.50 as I said, yours will go up to that in time (unless you go down to the standard package).

Also, that's a bloody good amount of content, what's wrong with that? (List is missing Stranger Things too), its £1.50/£3 man, Jesus Christ what is £1.50/£3 a month in 2016 especially when you've spent £369 already :lol: 2 or 4 mars bars? 

Bloody tight northern bastards :P 

Went to Curry's today, just "for a look"... ended up being talked into one of these...

u_10144941.jpg

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/samsung-ue55ks7000-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-55-led-tv-10144941-pdt.html

Don't actually have it yet (being delivered Dec 4th) and when i do get it it's an Xmas present from the missus so I probably won't be able to set it up until then... Unless I do some world class groveling.:lol:

Either way, I cannot fucking wait.:D

Be nice if I didn't have to wait a month to use it...:)

Nice TV Nag. I won't be joining the 4K club for a while yet. I can't really justify it. And my wife still says she can't tell the difference between standard definition and high definition on our regular 49 inch living room TV. It's all the difference in the world to me. I've even shown her by changing between SD and HD versions of the same channel. 

There's one on Amazon right now for £400 I'd take today (I'd double check its not secretly shit) (43' HDR Samsung LG)  but I don't get paid until Black Friday 

I don't have one, this would be one of those times where it would be handy though

edit: I've managed to find some specs for that tv, it's an 8bit panel, I want 10 (apparently) so it's a naw

Look what's just arrived...

IMG_20161204_134251383.jpg

It's fucking humongous...:lol:

Cool. I'm liking mine and yours should be a lot better. HDR while playing a game seems to introduce some input lag though, might not be noticeable on most games but it was on Parapa

Nice one @Nag that's the exact tv I'm after I think. Samsung UE55KS7000? I cheekily tried to barter curries down from £949 in the black Friday deal. I'm waiting till nearer march to pounce