passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

New TV

retroed

:D

I'm a bit worried it will be too big as we sit about 3m from it but thought why the hell not?! It's gonna be amazing with racing games, I honestly can't wait! REALLY geeking out about the whole thing, its really sad. I felt I wasn't doing the 360 games justice though so it had to be done. Not playing Halo 3 or GoW until its installed...

btw, I didn't pay that amount on the Sharp site for it, thats LOADS of money!!!

It DOES show flowers really well :)

Yeah, pretty much crippling me pricewise. I got it from Crampton and Moore for a bit less plus an onsite repair service which is good. Gonna sell the free Bluray player on ebay, with any luck I'll get close to £200. I get a bonus at the end of the month and am using that, plus selling pretty much everything else I can!

I don't think my wife thought I was gonna go through with it, she was very surprised when I told her earlier in both a good and bad way at the same time... :)

Holy Shit Wildejon!

Anyways,I'm very happy with my TV. Very few jaggies on the Wii like others have complained about, so I don't think I'll bother with Component for Wii, as it'll trash up the VC games I have.

360 on the other hand.

I didn't know component doesn't work for all VC games, that sucks!

Is the 360 really good through HD? I had a VERY quick go at my parents but it wasn't through HDMI and I've been using SDTV ever since which is super frustrating. Can hardly read the text on some games, its really fuzzy.

360 looks amazing through HDMI. I was running it at 720p (as mine isn't a fancy 1080p set), but I changed the setting to 'optimal' on the 360 display settings instead a couple nights ago, and it chose 1360x768. I then changed the reference levels on the 360 options to 'Expanded' and the picture looks amazing. There is more on screen (I was getting the icons on Pac-Man CE cut off at the bottom) both height and width wise, and the text is way sharper than before. The changing of the reference level has improved the blacks on screen, too. Geometry Wars and E4 look fantastic.

It pays to have a fiddle with both your TV and 360 settings. You'll be impressed going from SD to HD. :)

great telly wildejohn, im sure youll be happy as fuck with that beast.

as for mine, a few weeks in im proper happy with it. though i do have a problem! :(

the image quality, contrast and colours are jaw dropping. but.. i have two stuck pixels (red) right next to each other on the screen! a lot of the time i dont notice them but sometimes i do, and im sorry but if you spend a grand + on a telly you expect the screen to be fine at least for a few years.. !! phonecall to spamdung the morrow methinks

TopGunKnacker wrote:

as for mine, a few weeks in im proper happy with it. though i do have a problem! :(

the image quality, contrast and colours are jaw dropping. but.. i have two stuck pixels (red) right next to each other on the screen! a lot of the time i dont notice them but sometimes i do, and im sorry but if you spend a grand + on a telly you expect the screen to be fine at least for a few years.. !! phonecall to spamdung the morrow methinks

Cheers :)

Yeah, deffo kick up a fuss about dead pixels, its not very clever. Its really new yeah? Where did you buy it from?

i bought it brand new and ive only had it a couple of weeks, plus the model only came out a month or two ago so its the latest technology :(

i bought it from 1staudiovisual.co.uk

its very similar to yours, except 40" though they do a 46" version too which is a few hundred more (say 1300/1400). theyll be competitors in the showrooms! :D

Well, I'm all up and running!

Suffice to say, the TV is bloody awesome! Loving it, although I just stayed up a little late on Halo 3, I did exactly the same last night with PGR4 and now my eyes are all red and puffy.

Sign of a good gaming session I guess.

Glad I made the move to HD, no regrets :D

Which TV did you buy TGN?

TopGunKnacker wrote:

do you know you can "unstick" pixels by applying pressure with your thumb and "rocking" the pixel back and forth a bit. Not sure it works with tellys, but its always done the job on my laptop.

Not a new TV as such but I have got a new 22" monitor. Spatular has given me a VGA cable for the 360 too so I'm all high deffed up

Only really played Sega Rally and a few retro games on the 360, SR looked immense though. I did put Ghost in the Shell 2 on, upscaled, and it looked absolutely fucking incredible! And bear in mind that the only other thing I'd previously seen that was better looking is Kelly Brook

Oh and i've ordered a Dreamcast VGA cable :rolleyes::lol:

I read that someone else suffered from this and I didn't actually believe it until the other day. I played 5 hrs of Halo 3 and GoW with my brother and (I'm sure Halo was to blame) managed to get motion sickness! I was really bad for about 2 hours, and then I was fine again and back at it :)

Weird huh?!

yeah, horrible feeling. only game that ever managed to do it to me was Super Mario Galaxy, but i got used to the craziness. still waiting for my tv to come back :( they wouldve tried to wriggle out of repairing it had it not been with in 28 days of receipt, too. if the new screen has any problems, ill cross my fingers they appear within 28 days!though the 28 day rule might not apply anymore. i hope its alright

I got me some 360 Component cables today - seeing that my TV is quite small compared to all of yours I wasn't expecting that much of a difference going HD from SD, but holy shit it's awesome. The text no longer looks like it's smeared with vaseline, and the colours are so vibrant.

Hugely impressed. :)

how big is your screen, games? i know what you mean even more since ive had to back from HD to SD ---

ive been playing on my old widescreen crt for the last coupla weeks, and the contrast, colours, sharpness, everything is abysmal compared to my lovely samsung.

heres to hoping the second screen is fine :(

TopGunKnacker wrote:

how big is your screen, games? i know what you mean even more since ive had to back from HD to SD ---

ive been playing on my old widescreen crt for the last coupla weeks, and the contrast, colours, sharpness, everything is abysmal compared to my lovely samsung.

heres to hoping the second screen is fine :(

It's only a 19" TV, so it's quite small, but the difference between HD and SD is astonishing.