passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

New TV

retroed

wiivo wrote:

any way of taking a picture of how bad the wii looks?

I've tried a few times to get a picture, but using my phone, the camera is that shitty that it actually smooths out the resolution! Plus, you need to see the lines moving to get a proper idea.

But these are the best examples I can get:

jagged1.jpg

jagged2.jpg

Now see the way the lines aren't smooth at all? That's what it's like on everything (bar the channel/menu icons and stuff). And when things are in motion it's a horrible effect.

Hendo wrote:

Well in Galaxy you probably won't see much difference - like I say it's more noticeable when everything's moving.

I'll try and get a good picture.

must say, that comment alwys puzzled me. galaxy is far from a static game, hendo :P

HDTV GET!!!!!!!!

http://www.morecomputers.co.uk/extra.asp?p...referer=Froogle

**drool**

should come on the 11th, god(sic) willing

The Wii will have those jaggys as they cant be smoothed out by the Wii's hardware as to do 4x Anti-Alising would probably give you 1 frame per second ;) this is why it's less noticable with a 360.

TopgunKnacker that telly is sweet its the same one my mate has just 2" smaller and it's a beast but has really good picture even at a sharp angle

TopGunKnacker wrote:

Hendo wrote:
Well in Galaxy you probably won't see much difference - like I say it's more noticeable when everything's moving.

I'll try and get a good picture.

must say, that comment alwys puzzled me. galaxy is far from a static game, hendo :P

That's my exact point!

If I take a picture you'll see jaggy lines but it's far worse to see when things are running as it's really disorientating.

Sadly, my camera phone is such a crappy resolution that it will probably actually smooth out the lines and you'll be left wondering what the fuss is all about.

Still, I'll see if I can get a vid up. Oh, and nice TV!

• 2 weeks later...

well, i have it. could not be happier it looks superb. still playing with settings, theres next to no proper recommended settings i can find on the net which is disappointing but im very, very glad with what ive found so far. especially with 360, which of course stands to make the most out of my new set, being the only HD source i own (well theres my pc but its fucked). when i first used the wii, it looked like ass!!! hot damn! it looked like ass blown up to A1 size and it stung my retinas

nothing solved the problem, jaggies i could deal with but this looked like the game was being blamed for murder manhunt style on crimewatch and they were pixellating the footage.. then it occured to me, sit further back you dumbarse! im lucky enough to have the room to sit a few more feet back, and now it looks fine. there are still jaggies naturally, but you still get jaggies and aliasing occasionally on some 360 games too, we can deal!

Phooey wrote:

Nice. :) What's the recommended way of cleaning our fancy lcd tv screens? Special cloths or a spot of Mr Sheen. :lol:

Not Mr. Sheen! Not if you want a screen left, anyway!

I use a microfibre cloth that I make ever so slightly damp at one end. Go over the screen and then buff gently. It works for getting paw prints off the screen, thanks Poppy. :huh::)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally caved. Now I have a 360 it seems nuts NOT to have a HDTV. So, after an unbelivable amount of time spent on research I ordered one that ought to be delivered this Friday, yippee!

Here's what I went for SHARP

I'll post up my thoughts next week hopefully.