passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Orange Box

Phooey

I know what you meant about that Picks i remember talking to Hendo at the exact time that the combine zombies appeared and thinking how annoying it was, but its not as shitly done as Halo's Flood(cunts) and they never really go too far out. I felt like giving up when it got to Ravenholme and also on one bit with the Antlions but im glad i stuck with it as there a section that pays off.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Centy wrote:

The story of the original is surprisingly lite the way it's implemented is ok. Basically wiki has a good write up of it I think here its very un necessary to enjoy HL2 as i found that asked more questions than gave answers and ep1 was nonsense not played ep2 yet.

The story to the original is deeper than first seems, its implemented in a strange way, being an FPS with no cut scenes its up to you to find it out for yourself - moreso in HL2 in the way that if you linger around characters they talk about stuff you would normally miss...

Anyway THIS is a great website for figuring out the story, he hasnt got the Episode 2 section up yet but go to the timeline section and see what ya think

Incidentially anyone heard of this Mod? Black Mesa has been going for AGES, and is a remake of HL1 in the Source engine. I cant wait for these guys to finish this as it looks fantastic! :)

Yeah Ive been following this mod since it was first announced and its been delay after dealy that I gave up on it ever coming out. Stunning as it looks I have a feeling that Valve are just waiting till it's finished then buy out the mod and we'll have to buy it :(.

Still it beats the shit out of Half-Life Source which was a complete rip off since it was just the original game with a tiny bit of physics.

I'm still on HL2 but hope to get it finished this weekend, but Crackdown still pulls me back in (nearly a fully-powered up agent!) and I'm now a convert to Rocket Races in Halo 3 (it really is like Mario Kart on crack).

Me and Sam had a bash on Team Fortress 2 the other day and I quite enjoyed it and didn't experience the lag that others said they were having - even people in our game were complaining that it "was too much to bare" but I didn't get any of it.

Ah, yes, Team Fortress 2, in my oppinion that game can f**k right off. If its not the lag killing the game then its people just forever killing me. I can't remember the last time I was so bad at a game, now I know how it feels when I watched an older friend play Medal of Honour for the first time, it was just painfull.

I just have no desire to learn TF2.

Finally completed Half-Life 2 last night and although the game was a smidgen too long (in my humble opinion) it still stands as one of the best I've ever played.

I started up Episode 1 straight away and I'm maybe halfway through. It's a little disappointing that there's not much new, but it takes place right after the end of HL2 so it's to be expected. I've heard that Episode 2 is much better.

I also got my mate to play Portal thinking he would love it as he's a man of science (and especially physics) but the concept melted his brain! He couldn't get over the fact that with certain portal placements you can see yourself - "do you not find that hard to grasp?!"

No, I've seen a mirror before.

It also took him about 10 minutes to do some of the earliest puzzles (including the ones before you even get the portal gun).

Thanks to Hendo purchasing some Gamecube wares from me, I had some paypal fundage to splash out on a copy of The Orange Box. I've blagged a sealed region free version for £25 delivered. I can't wait to play Portal! The rest of it will have to wait, I just have too many games to play. Damn all these good games.

Good choice, Ed! I went straight for Portal too, and I went all the way back through it after I finished it!

If you haven't done so already, you have to play HL2 - it's the first person equivelant of Resi 4 in how well made it is. You can tell the care and love that went into it straight away.

i really don't like hl2, i've tried, and i know it's supposedto be the best game eva but i'm just not enjoying it, just in ravenholm and i really can't be arsed anymore, gonna trade it in on friday when mass effect come out

but portal was awesome