passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Radiohead

Hendo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only real spoil was the constant people going past you as we were stood right by one of the exits and Ben being stood behind the tallest man in the world.

I had that when i went to see Prince at the Brixton Academy, fucking arsehole nearly ruined it for me. Of all the places the cunt could have stood...

• 7 months later...
"When Miley grows up, she'll learn not to have such a sense of entitlement."

A REPRESENTATIVE for rock band Radiohead in a statement following the comment by 16-year-old pop singer Miley Cyrus that she would "ruin" the band for refusing to meet with her at the Grammys

"When Miley grows up, she'll learn not to have such a sense of entitlement."

A REPRESENTATIVE for rock band Radiohead in a statement following the comment by 16-year-old pop singer Miley Cyrus that she would "ruin" the band for refusing to meet with her at the Grammys

she could do, don't you know who her dad is..

10973~Billy-Ray-Cyrus-Posters.jpg

• 1 year later...

I've gone through it once through properly and little bits more here and there.

Initially it was a little disappointing as I was hoping it was gonna be a whole album of more traditional songs in the vein of the standouts of In Rainbows like "Videotape", "All I Need" and "Nude" but mostly it's fragments of chords and scattering beats again.

There do seem to be some pretty funky grooves in there though so I'll be giving it more listens and see how much it opens up.

What's the consensus then? I'm about 3 listens in and it's not terrible but it's not doing very much for me. I was really hoping after In Rainbows that they'd become comfortable again with doing proper songs mixed with the experimental stuff but these seem mostly a collection of experimental bits of songs and snatches of chord progressions and tiny snippets of melody. I am starting to wonder if they're going to quickly reveal its' twin release of another short album but 35 minutes of straight-up songs.

• 2 years later...

Needless to say, my In Rainbows discbox is one of my prized possessions. :)

The King of Limbs was definitely a disappointment. I think the first four songs are pretty crap, but the last four are great. I thought there would be a TKOL Part II ("If you think this is over then you're wrong") but I guess not. As far as I know they are going into the studio this year to record their next album, but i'll be keeping my expectations lowered.

I saw them live way back in 2006 and it was a brilliant show.