Urahara

Films

aughra.jpg

Couldn't help help noticing the nipples on that creature.

I don't usually like going back to films I loved as a kid. I whatched Flight of the Navigator recently and realised that Sarah Jessica Parker object was in it. That's that film tainted. :(

I'm trying to remember the last film I saw, I think it was This Is England. It was great if a little odd at times, I'm not sure I know an eighteen year old girl who would cop off with a thirteen year old, no matter how working class. I must of been in the wrong crowd. But I degress, tis a great film.

Looking at my DVD's I realise I still havn't whatched Blood Diamond. I'll have to check that out one day.

aughra.jpg

Couldn't help help noticing the nipples on that creature.

Funnily enough, that exact same thought went through my head as I was watching it.

Very, very wrong.

Looking at my DVD's I realise I still havn't whatched Blood Diamond. I'll have to check that out one day.

it's fucking brilliant...watch it......watch it now

Drak Crystal is one of those classic films that stands the test of time. Its one of those films i try to watch on a regular basis, like star wars...

I don't ordinarily bother mentioning anime films in here, unless they're something special that is, and this one was.

The Place Promised in Our Early Days is the kind of anime film that comes along everynow and then that could not be done in any other medium, depsite not featuring giant robots (although Patlabour counts as one and that does). Basically you have a war film, crossed with some science fiction, and personal relationships.

The story focuses on three kids and their obsession with the mysterious tower off in the neighbouring country. The 2 boys promise to build a plane and take their female friend with them, however things don't go according to plan and the promise is broken. All three seperate as the impending war gets closer and closer, and the story focuses on how they're coping without each other. And that's really what the film is about, loss, the loss of youth and innocence, trying to regain moments in time.

It looks utterly stunning too, loads of incidental animation, facial expressions, a bit too much lens flare maybe, but any still of the skyline would make for a great poster. Great stuff, even if I didn't really understand how the tower worked

Didn't know whether to buy this, this week - Bee Movie - looks pretty good! I love my cartoons! :D

£12 at Tescos - £13.99 at Morrisons. They're also doing some Tasty Disney buy one get 1 frees - Toy Story 2, Bugs Life, etc.

Tbh I didn't think that much of it, but I was watching it as a Seinfeld fan. It's probably pretty good if you're watching it as a kids film, but it's not as funny as I'd hoped it'd be

indy.. LOL. :lol: oh well.

i want to go see indy tonight, just to see how George Lucas can fuck up another part of my childhood.

haha well im off to watch it tonight, I tell you how it goes..

According to James King it's as if he's never been away and it doesn't try to update it with fancy effects (someone no doubt held Lucas at gunpoint) but the only real downer is that the ending is rubbish.

Watched Bee Movie last night - got it on DVD - I quite enjoyed it - reminded me a bit of A Bugs Life.

:lol: James king

Well to be fair, he's a bit more eloquent than "IT'S FUCKING SHIT!" ;)

What exactly is wrong with it?

For the record, he gave it 3 stars.

Watched the new indy and i have to say i quite enjoyed it

Not great but good. But the bad guy was utter poo and the story just didnt seem very indy like towards the end.

The old indy jokes are back now, which causes u to sniggle a bit

Dont watch it in a crowded room tho, had a woman in front of me clappin at bits,

Im like FFS its not a theatre, and tht caused a chain reaction so more ppl clapped

The idiots :angry:

I take it you've never watched a film in America then.

Seriously, if it's good people clap and whoop all the way through. It's an inanimate object FFS!

Oli mention this a while ago...Hot Rod.

Its fucking hilarious, lying somewhere between Anchorman and Napoleon with a bit of Nacho for luck, its just about a dude who wants to be a stuntman and grow a mustache. The Cool Beans bit just about made me wet my pant. Awesome. Oh, and Isla Fisher....mmmmm....Scooby Doo.

Oh, and Isla Fisher....mmmmm....Scooby Doo.

That was Hannah Barbra, obviously.

That was Hannah Barbra, obviously.

To quote Mike Myers..

Girls in cartoons

will leave me in ruins

Just about rhymes.

Well i watched Spiderwick Chronicles today, enjoyable Sunday afternoon flick!

Watched 'vantage point' a couple of nights ago ...... Freeking Amazing!

you all gotta watch that! its one of the best films ive seen in a while

Just watched Wanted and i loved it

Watching hanCOCK tomorrow :)