Urahara

Films

im looking forward to CJ7 and Kung Fu Hustle 2, bad thing is its gna be dubbed when it gets here =[

the first kung fu hustle wasnt it?

im not too keen on dubbed films i rather have the "proper" language and read the subtitles.

Annoying how CJ7 came out weeks after i came bk from hong kong tho, tht sucks =[

Also... is it me or is there tonnes of great films coming out soon

Theres too many i wna see, such as:

Jumper

Iron Man

Hancock - Will Smith as a trampish Superhero

The Forbidden Kingdom - Jackie chan n Jet Li

Kung Fu Panda

Be Kind Rewind

Wanted

Rambo 4

Dark Knight

Quantum of Solstice (sp?)

i just stop there lol, might need a monthly cinema pass!

hinn888 wrote:

Hancock - Will Smith as a trampish Superhero

This reminds me of Rorschach from the Watchmen, I think the film version of that is out this year, lets wait and see if they totally fuck up one of the greatest book of the last 50 years.

Doesn't Stephen Chow do his own dubs though? So at least it's the right voice. For what it's worth of the Chow films ive watched the dubs have been pretty good, ordinarily I'd be heavily on the subtitled side too

watched Be Kind, Rewind today, it is quite funny but not hilarious, weird ending to a comedy too :S

Just watched the new Rambo, and it's really good, possibly the best of the lot :ohmy: Admittedly while the 2nd was alright, the 3rd was utter shit and the first was almost a serious exploration of what happens to soldiers post war so it's not up against too much.

Which is kind of my problem with this (bar the CG blood, it looks too obvious [as in Zatoichi]). Rambo is a man pushed past the edge, he cant readapt back into society. Except that is when a preety blonde girl with a crucifix and a bible full of cliches touches his arm, then he sees that there's good in everyone... well not quite, usually theres an arrow or a knife in most people he meets.

Basically, if you take out the bits where the misionaries have lines it's an awesome film. But it's another example of why born again christians are the worst kind of christians. Not that i'd say that to Stallones face, although he seems a nice bloke, but still it's not exactly the polite thing to do :whistle:

i went cambs today n they didnt have rambo there =[, watched jumper tho tht was rly gd, i hope they make a sequel.

Watched Rashamon again last night, it's one of my favourite films and might just be my favourite Kurosawa film. It's about the death of a man as witnessed by 4 people (including the victim) all of whom have a different take on what happened and even have a habit of blaming themselves. Brilliant simple film, and quite well acted considering the time it came out

I saw Jumper the other day, and I have to say that the special effects were done brilliantly, the air fight that they have and that bit where Billy Elliot does that speed punch were wicked.

As for the acting (not that the acting is the reason people see this film) its not great. Jamie Bell seemed like he was fresh out of his GCSE acting class, and Darth Vader was so-so. Rachel Bilson was extremely hot, but i cant work out whether I liked her or not....it was as if theyd taken her character from the OC and dropped her into this situation where her old school crush can warp places.

I liked this film, but as I think Oliath said a while ago you need to suspend your disbelief and really not be critical of the film.

I hadnt realised that they were doing a Kung Fu Hustle 2, I really liked the first one so im looking forward to this.

I saw Jumper last night, really enjoyed it, didnt really have a problem with anything, it was all a bit of fun I thought.

Id definately do Bilson, even if I had to do Billy Elliot to get to her.

Got Little Miss Sunshine to watch tonight if I can stop playing Oblivion...

HOT ROD

Anyone seen this film?

I totally missed it at the cinema and then a mate gave me a naugty download of it... funniest thing i have seen in ages.

So good i actually went and ordered it off PLAY

Its somewhere between Anchor Man and Napolean Dynamite. Seriously random moments and some very abstract humour and i think you have to be in a silly mood to get the best out of it... but i honestly laughed so much at parts my stomach was hurting.

i saw a massive cut out for orphanage and the doll it had on it looked rather strange, thought to myself i got to buy one to freak ppl out with it =]

orphanage.jpg

saw superbad the other day, that was pretty good. looked amazing on blu ray too. then i watched tears from the sun on blu ray today, a predictable action romp but quite powerful with the setting being genocidal africa. it was meant to look really good on blu ray but i thought it was lacking detail a lot of the time and thusly that 3d look that decent HD movies have

I had about an hour to kill last night so I figured I'd kick back with a film so went through the DVD's and found that the copy of The Dark Crystal I bought sometime last year still had the wrapper on it!

It could well be the first time I've watched it in full since I was a wee lad. Well, I say "in full" - what I actually mean is, I remember the first 15 minutes and then I opened my eyes and the credits were rolling, so I had to skip back to the beginning. :mellow:

Not an attack on the film, by the way, more that I've been getting by on about 2 hours sleep lately and then it finally hit me.

I always remember the film being a scary fucking film and I wasn't wrong! Those Skeksis are horrific for a (man)child to see.

d_skeksis.jpg

skeksis2.jpg

aughra.jpg

fizzgig.jpg

podling.jpg

Possibly the most out-there thing Henson ever did.

im pretty sure i've seen the dark crystal about a million times, but i can't remember what happens in it, some kinda boy saving the world from all evil with some monsters in it i reckon