Urahara

Films

Didn't know it was Neil Marshall directing, that makes me want to see it more.

Might go and see it tonight then as long as its not utterly unwatchable, been desperate to go and see something at the cinema for a while now.

The Baba Yuga scene did remind me of Del Toro, which was quite nice. As that visual flair isn't really in the rest of the film. I know next to nothing about the Hellboy comics (apparently Hellboy and Liz aren't a thing, outside of the films?) but after watching this film (and adoring the others) I did want to search them out.

I did really enjoy the feeling conveyed in the last trailer, looks sinister and a bit creepy but ultimately heroic and I think Hellboy is a good character. Im hardly expecting some kind of Oscar worthy offering I just hate walking out of a film thinking ive wasted time...

In recent memory, I've only had that feeling with The Predator and Hereditary. Hellboy is better than that, at least.

I was a little distracted by the two soap actors when I spotted them though.😄

Hellboy is definitely not as bad as the reviews are saying. Its not a classic by any stretch of the imagination but it's solid watchable nonsense. 

I’ve been watching Days of Future Past this morning and I think I might have massively underrated this movie 

14 hours ago, Sambob said:

Hellboy is definitely not as bad as the reviews are saying. Its not a classic by any stretch of the imagination but it's solid watchable nonsense. 

That's what it looked like. I enjoyed Perlman in the role so I'm reluctant to go see it. 

I will tho. 

In other news I booked my Endgame seats. Close now. The Godzilla trailer really gets my juices going tho. I think I'm more excited for that :toss:

Same. Couldn't be anymore genuinely excited for Godzilla. I was disappointed Endgame wasn't an early [Limitless] exclusive. Instead I'm part of a group going to see it Friday (26/4) Night. I'm really not keen on New Movie crowds at the cinema. It can be quite hard to take it all in, when some are quietly chatting, others are attending to kids that won't sit still, not to mention that one weirdo in every film that laughs at anything resembling a joke.

I saw one interesting trailer with Hellboy:

Hoping this and Greta come out before the Avengers film.

Tomb Raider 2 Gets A Writer

MGM has hired Amy Jump, the screenwriter on Ben Wheatley’s “Free Fire” and “High-Rise,” to write the screenplay for “Tomb Raider 2” starring Alicia Vikander, an individual with knowledge of the project told TheWrap.

Jump is also writing “Freak Shift” with Wheatley, which is currently in preproduction with Film4. Some of her other writing credits include “A Field in England,” “Kill List” and “Sightseers.” She’s also served as an editor on all of Wheatley’s films, and she was an executive producer on “The Duke of Burgundy.”

The rebooted “Tomb Raider” starring Vikander arrived last March and grossed $274.6 million worldwide on a $94 million budget.

Oh fuck, I'm getting my hopes up again ☹️

Greta is out this week, so definitely out before Avengers.

Im seeing Avengers 11:30PM on the 24th, because I know that the Thursday will be agony avoiding spoilers. In all likelihood I will watch it again on Thursday too.....Friday as well.

I think Don Quixote got a release in France ages ago, but there is an issue with the distribution rights and someone is suing Terry over it.

The Man Who Killed Don Quixote premiered on 19 May 2018, simultaneously acting as the closing film at the 2018 Cannes Film Festivaland being released in French theaters. Gilliam has struggled to release the film worldwide since then, partially due to a lengthy legal dispute with former producer Paulo Branco. Subsequently, the film was only released in a few other countries, including Belgium, Spain and Portugal; it was released in the United States and Canada on April 10, 2019.

Saw Pet Sematary over the weekend. Yea, it was alright. I'm not a big fan of Jason Clarke who plays the dad but I got past his stupid face and enjoyed it enough. Stupidly watched the 1989 original the next day, that was ass.

Seen Shazam! too, gets a plus from me, just silly fun. We like silly fun. I thought there was a bit of a juxtaposition between the boys personality (fairly deadpan) to Shazam's. I get as Shazam he was just constanlty in wonder and awe about the shit he could now do but it was a little too different. Otherwise they did good.

4 hours ago, Sambob said:

Greta is out this week, so definitely out before Avengers.

Ta, Booked!

Greta

This was alright. A suspense thriller that, at 99 minutes, doesn't overstay its welcome. It is a bit weird and there are parts of the story that seem to lead to nothing and/or highlight plot holes. That said, Isabelle Huppert as Greta, is fantastic and worth the price of admission alone. 7/10

Venom is available to rent for £1.99 but I promised myself I would never watch this movie